Handcent help

Slntagent

Reaction score
so i finally changed to handcent..awesome app...but i noticed that only 1/2 of my contacts will show up on the handcent list....does anyone know if there is a sync option that im missing or something i did wrong? stock sms shows all my contacts

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
All your contacts should be included. Have you tried resetting your device? If so and it hasn't worked.... try uninstalling Handcent, powering off/on your device and reinstalling.

Anomander

Reaction score
Going out on a limb, but check under the handcent settings and see if those contacts are blacklisted? Not sure how they would have been, but you never know. Down near the bottom of the handcent settings there is a blacklist option. Check that to show blacklist and maybe those missing contacts are there.

xlapus

Reaction score
I actually have the same problem, and I think I noticed the pattern, at least for my contacts.

It's only showing contacts that I actually entered into my phone. The large majority of my contacts are sync'ed over Facebook, and none of them show up in handcent, but are fine in the stock messenger.

OP
Slntagent

Slntagent

Reaction score
ya i think i have the same issue..i might have to uninstall handcent...this is a deal breaker

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you're syncing contacts from Facebook... that's your problem. Turn the sync off in Facebook and sync your contacts thru G-mail... I bet the problem disappears.

xlapus

Reaction score
That wouldn't work very well. I'd have to go back and manually put in nearly my entire contact list.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
That wouldn't work very well. I'd have to go back and manually put in nearly my entire contact list.
They should all be synced to Google anyway. Do you have a G-mail account synced to your device? If so just update your contacts to your Google account. Log into G-mail afterward to confirm the contacts are saved.

xlapus

Reaction score
Tried that. It refuses to sync any contacts I got from my Facebook account to my gmail account.

xlapus

Reaction score
Ok. I did the export/import, and it worked on the gmail side. When I sync'ed my gmail to my phone again, none of those contacts showed up in handcent.

Going to try rebooting the phone.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ok. I did the export/import, and it worked on the gmail side. When I sync'ed my gmail to my phone again, none of those contacts showed up in handcent.

Going to try rebooting the phone.

Disable, at least for now to verify, the Facebook sync for contacts.
If you reboot and Handcent still isn't showing contacts, try an uninstall and re-install of Handcent. I know it's tedious but I'd like to see you get it working.

gidget88

Reaction score
Idk If Someone Has Already Asnwered This For You But You Might Have Some Of Your Contacts Mobile Numbers Saved Under Home Numbers And In Your Handcent Setting You Might Have It Set To Show Contacts With Mobile Numbers Only.. This Is Why You Only See Some Contacts. Hope This Helps :) Go Into Your Handcent Settings Then Go To Sent Meessages Settings And Unselect Show Contacts With Mobile Numbers Only