Handcent Blacklist?

droidemere

Reaction score
I've been using handcent for quite a while and I've never had an issue. It is a great messaging app, the best actually in my opinion. So the other day, I tried messing with the blacklist option. It allows you to blacklist certain contacts, so you can block their texts. Well, I notice that all it takes is for you to blacklist ONE contact..then soon after that..all your contacts start getting blacklisted on their own. It's not such a big problem if you have "show blacklist" ticked on, so you still see all the texts from those contacts. Has anyone else had this happen? I've read this also on the handcent forum, but never seen or heard of a solution for this...Only thing left to do is keep checking your texts, and unblacklist contacts as they text you, because if you don't..you don't receive any notifications.. Help, anyone?

Thanks in advance..

cisco0910

Reaction score
Hmmm..interesting. don't use blacklist option but if I ever feel the need to ill keep ur issue ur having in mind. You should email the developer. He's excellent in responding

OP
droidemere

droidemere

Reaction score
Hmmm..interesting. don't use blacklist option but if I ever feel the need to ill keep ur issue ur having in mind. You should email the developer. He's excellent in responding

Yeah, I did email a while back..Never got a response...I've researched and found I'm not the only one with this problem..just no solution yet..

DroidFan

Reaction score
I have my ex-BF blacklisted on my Droid thru Handcent & it hasn't affected the other messages I get thru Handcent. I wonder if you reinstall it if that would help?

razorseal

Reaction score
hah, that's crazy... I was coming here JUST TO post about this and what do ya know, same problem!

I blacklisted mobile defense's text for the phone tracking feature, and all of a sudden 2 people (not sure what timeframe) got blacklisted on my contacts list!!!

I thought it was my fault and I had pressed blacklist by mistake, so I unblacklisted them, but it happened again!!

and then same thing happened to my gf, her brother was texting her and she wasn't getting anything, sure enough, I go in to the blacklist, and his brother was blacklisted... I had mobile defense blacklisted for her as well

it's a real bummer that they refuse to fix this