Hancent Messaging issues

jlwardn

Reaction score
Is anyone having issues with the pop up messages that come on when the phone is locked being from the wrong contact? I sent someone a text message. The phone timed out and locked like normal. About 30 minutes later I got a respose from the person I sent the sms to. When the notification notice and popup can on I noticed that the message said it was from someone else that is in my contact list. I then unlocked the phone and went to my notification bar and opend the message. Now the message said it was from the right person. This has happed several times where it tells me I have a message from someone else. It is wrong in the popup but correct in the notification bar area. Any thoughts?

medicTHREE

Reaction score
You don't have the same phone number under more than one contact do you?

Call log does this to me. I have dialed a number(my parents, under blank and blank) and had it show up in call log under "mom and dad" which is a duplicate I have in there that I'm too lazy to delete.

OP
J

jlwardn

Reaction score
no duplicate numbers or names. It just shows up with a different contacts name until I look in the notification bar area and then it is correct. One time it even came in with a number that I don't have saved as a contact.....they just called me a few hours before. They never sent me a sms but when a friend sent me a messages it told me it was from that other number.

ScienceofSpock

Reaction score
Sorry to dig this up, but I recently started having this issue myself. Twice in the past 2 days. Both times, the notification bar and message history showed the wrong contact, but the top bar (with their icon and name) showed the sender correctly.

It wasn't the same 2 contacts involved either. The first time showed contact1 when it was actually from contact2, and the second time it showed contact3 when it was actually from contact4.

Edit: Closing the messaging app and reopening it fixes the issue, but it can be really confusing and could potentially lead to some WTF moments.

I'll see if I can screen cap it the next time it happens.

Last edited:

Sp3cialed

Reaction score
Just Dled app this morning.. It's happened to me twice already.

astevens54

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I like the app, but had problems with MMS so I removed it today... :-(

ScienceofSpock

Reaction score
I don't think it's the app. After posting my message, I realized this thread was about Hancent, and I have no idea what that is, but I'm having the same problem with the standard droid messaging app.