Halloween Double-Special - SS 4.9 and SSX 1.0!!

ChevyNo1

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
It took a long time - but I think you'll agree it was worth the wait! Keep in mind that this is my first SSX ROM so be gentle.

Installing:

This presumes you are already running 2.2 on your X, and have Clockwork Recovery installed.

This is an update.zip style file - so reboot to CW, select the zip and install!

Of course these are the release notes for SSX 1.0:

NOTES:

I suggest not wiping and just installing over what you have now. If you have any issues - wipe and re-install.
A last resort would be a complete wipe, 2.3.15 SBF, then SSX.

IF you select Chevyno1Tools as the default for the menu key by mistake - open Settings from the app,
drawer, manage apps, click ChevyNo1Tools and click 'Clear Defaults'.

1. Based on 2.3.15 SBF ONLY
2. BlurHome replaced by ADW. Most other blur objects can be hidden/removed via Tools
2. ChevyNo1Tools gets its own home
3. New boot animation - awesome work by mojo_droid
4. New bootanimation switcher - fully integrated into tools! Just push new zip's to /data/chevyno1/bootanimation, re-enter Tools and it will be there
5. Basic overclocking now built-in - min, max, and governor settings
Default settings for OC are in /system/xbin/chevyno1/setscaling.dx

Command line way of setting: setscaling 400000 900000 performance - that is min, max, governor options

Note: Will not survive reboot

Note: Makes the same 'changes' as SetCPU - but does not have profiles. If you do not need/use profiles,
you would be safe to delete SetCPU and use my OC options. If you need profiles, keep SetCPU and
do not use my OC.

6. Adjust Dalvik Heapsize - reboot needed
7 . Adjust Wi-Fi Scan time - reboot needed

I think that is all for now - if you see a new feature that I haven't listed let me know, LOL!

Screenshots to follow ...

http://chevyno1.richstevenson.com/dx2/SimplyStunningX-v1.0-update.zip

Last edited:

PACanesFan

Reaction score
Looking to try this. A few questions though.

General
1) Can I use LauncherPro over this instead of ADW?
2) What are your included overclock settings?

About the install
1) Just for clarification, you are recommending not to wipe cache and data on install (using Bootstrap Recovery)

Last edited:

umx

Reaction score
will this go right over tranq 3.0?

v4npro

Reaction score
Definately looking to try this. A few questions though.

General
1) Can I use LauncherPro over this instead of ADW?
2) What are your included overclock settings?

About the install
1) Just for clarification, you are recommending not to wipe cache and data on install (using Bootstrap Recovery)

He suggest not wiping, but if you get problems then wipe. I'm sure you can use LP since other rom's that had ADW could be replaced and uninstalled.

Btw, is 6. Adjust Dalvik Heapsize - reboot needed
7 . Adjust Wi-Fi Scan time - reboot needed

a must? If it is, I don't know how to do that :eek:

Droid74

Reaction score
So im looking forward to trying this but I have to say I am still a noob at this stuff and I find your install instructions to vague for me to follow without fear of screwing up. If you could please give more details about these steps I would appreciate it...otherwise Ill have to skip on this ROM =(
PLEASE!!!!!!!

v4npro

Reaction score
So im looking forward to trying this but I have to say I am still a noob at this stuff and I find your install instructions to vague for me to follow without fear of screwing up. If you could please give more details about these steps I would appreciate it...otherwise Ill have to skip on this ROM =(
PLEASE!!!!!!!

I'm doing a nandroid backup right now and once I install Chevy's rom I'll try to break it down more for ya.

MrSinister1

Reaction score
+1

woot!!!woot!! I'm so excited. I've ben rooted ever since I had my X but have been waiting to flash a ROM until either UD, SS, or some of my other favs launched thanx chevy. I'm sure you've done a great job with it and its only gonna get better!!

v4npro

Reaction score
I uploaded SSX to my server, might be faster download for some.

SimplyStunningX-v1.1-update.zip

Just installed it over Rubix 1.0. Nice ROM, but it's not for me. Toooo much blur. Also the build number still says v0.9.4 Beta 10/29/10, and I don't think my home button is working.

Last edited:

Tesler32

Reaction score
Awesome work Chevy.... I'm downloading as we speak right now and running a backup so I can test her out. Thanks for all the hard work.

umx

Reaction score
its uploaded getting 2 msgs at once with your text msg program.

umx

Reaction score
i use hand cent testiing with the stock droid one off now.