Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Last night I had to dial 911 for an accidentI saw, anyways, after I made the call, a screen popped up saying, "Phone is in Emergency Mode: All Data will be suspended for the next 15 minutes", or something to that effect, then had a countdown, to 15 minutes, you could cancel it, but was wondering why it did this, suspended all data transmissions??

Reaction score
Probably a built in safety feature just in case you need to dial it again. In most cases, why would you want to surf the net after dailing 911?

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
I did this on a TMobile MyTouch last year (got a Droid in December 2009) and the same thing happened. It was really cool. I was going to ask the 911 dispatcher if he could tell where I was because I was using an Android with GPS but never got around to it. (Neighbors were fighting in street). Still, it took the cops a good 15 mins to get there...

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
ya know, I didnt even think of that, my first thought was that it was in case they needed to get a gps lock..

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Yea, I'd like to know how that works, I mean all dispatchers are different, does your location automatically show up to them? Do they need to ask you? Do you need to tell them?

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69

Ghostwheel

Reaction score
Probably a built in safety feature just in case you need to dial it again. In most cases, why would you want to surf the net after dailing 911?

Well, in case of medical emergency, the ability to browse to a first aid instruction site might be useful. For starters.