Had a continuous ring that I couldnt stop

khunter

Reaction score
Yesterday, my droid had a very low phone ring that just randomly started and lasted for a few minutes until I made a call from the phone. While it was ringing, there was no option to pick up a call. The phone was just ringing non stop? Anybody encounter this or know what it is?

windozesuk

Reaction score
Mine too

Mine just started a few minutes ago.. I thought it was the neighbor's phone cuz it was so quiet. I did some searching about it and all I found was this thread.

Looks like we are the first 3 to speak up about this, I would like to know how many people it has happened to.

I have had my phone since the 9th and first time it happened.
The last app I installed was PaderSyncFTP, I don't know if there is a connection or not.

weird

sin vicious

Reaction score
Crazy, my wife had the same issue last night.. we were in my car and we thought it was interferance. When we left the car we noticed it was coming from her phone.. we rebooted the phone (off/on).. and it went away.

Xerozix

Reaction score
Were your phones by chance on no sound mode?

If this happens to me during school I'm pretty much :)

otaku

Reaction score
This happened to me yesterday. I tried playing a music file and its sound was only coming out of the ear piece, where the ringing was coming from. A soft reset fixed it.

This is the third time sound has stopped coming out of the rear (main) speaker and only out of the ear speaker, the first time for the interminable ringing.

Zeblue

Reaction score
This happened to me, just now.

I was surprised to hear the ring because it was so soft, a tone that I didn't recognize as a DROID ring, and because my phone was set to silent, not even vibrate.

First, I checked to see if I was receiving a call. Nope. Next, I looked in my notifications menu to see if it was from some app. Nope. I decided to open what few apps I had to check if I had unread notifications. Nope. Changing the ringer volume via the sidekeys did not change the volume of the audible ringing tone.

I searched online and couldn't find anything on the issue. I did, however, receive a message on Twitter of something similar happening to someone else, so I came here.

Though there appears to be no official release on what this phenomena is, I would hope that enough of us reporting it will urge Verizon, Motorola and/or Google to look into it.

rumisra

Reaction score
This happened to me, and it was due to my battery being VERY low. I had to charge it and the ringing went away.

Zeblue

Reaction score
Just for the record, I neglected to state the charge of my battery. It was full.

Question for you, rumisra: you hooked your phone up to the charger and the ringing eventually stopped, or you took the battery out and/or turned the phone off?

rumisra

Reaction score
I hooked it up to the charger and it immediately stopped. I noticed that the green light on the corner of my phone was now red, and the battery icon was blinknig red, so i figured that was why.

But it was a VERY faint ringing tone that just wouldn't stop no matter what i did...even if i put my phone on silent.

But since your battery was in the full stage, i guess that isn't what the problem was. :mad:

Stingray389

Reaction score
Happened to me as well last night. First, I thought it was part of the commercial that was playing on the radio. Then, I thought it was my friend's phone, he checked and said nope. I noticed it was my Droid, no incoming call, messages, or notifications. A reboot fixed it.

Xerozix

Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right ringtone, but while I was on a call today the phone started making a weird continuous noise out of the earpiece.

theraven51

Reaction score
I just had the same problem with a full battery. Had to soft boot it to stop the ringing.