hacking and rom support for incredible

topaz330

Reaction score
i'm curious as to why the sense UI android phones don't have the root/hacking support as the moto droid? I'm not on too many other sites so not sure if the desire, legend, etc are any different but i've noticed that eris has absolutely no support. is it more because sense is a pain to crack or because most people have the moto droid over the eris so less people owning the device= less people trying to support it? i'm hoping its the later and that the incredible will have the same support as the moto droid does with multiple talented programmers creating roms and oc'ing this sucker

Mercutio

Reaction score
SenseUI phones have been hacked and ROM'd in the past - the HTC Hero was probably the most thoroughly hacked Android phone before the Droid's release.

Phones with more users have more hacking support, that's about it. There are more Droid users than any other Android phone - by far. The Incredible will get a ton of users as well. Not Droid numbers, but good enough.

Ultimately, we won't know about hacking support for the Incredible until it's been rooted. And it's technically possible that the Incredible will never be rooted. Extremely unlikely, but let's not count our birds while they're still in the field.

mkzbdroid

Reaction score
Not Droid numbers, but good enough.

I honestly doubt this, If I ever thought my moto droid was an iphone killer, now that im getting this phone it will be looking the part too....I can see this phone being the new flagship all the way thru Christmas this year