Greetings

psicrest

Reaction score
Hello,

I got a motorola droid as my company phone. My personal phone was an iphone 3g unlocked on a t-mobile provider.
With google voice working properly with my droid plus a much faster internet, since my iphone couldn't go through t-mo's 3g, Im beginning to use my droid more than my iphone. I am anticipating on the flash 10.1 and skyfire browser release. I am now contemplating on rooting my droid and use version 2.1. I been reading a lot of post in this forums to psych myself to do the rooting and upgrading.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Howdy PSI :D Welcome to the best forum online!! i'd just sell that iphone before word that the droid blows it out of the water gets out:D Nice to have you join us!

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Welcome aboard, psicrest! Well, you sure don't need the pep talk about reading the threads. Seems you know your way around just fine. Anyway, hope you enjoy your time here!

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Welcome glad your enjoying you Droid so far! If your up to it I think rooting is really fun to do! I've rooted and am glad I did!

OP
P

psicrest

Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcome. I have confirmed that my droid was insured through verizon. Atleast I have a fallback incase all hell breaks loose when I try to root.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hey there psicrest. Welcome to the forum. I would keep the iphone for just an mp3 player. Unfortunately apple does make a better mp3 player then the droid, for now. :)

OP
P

psicrest

Reaction score
Since my contract on tmobile expired. I'm thinking of getting a nexus one for $179 on contract. But I will wait until flash arrive. I'm paying data plan on my tmobile so I want to get the most of it. Will sell my iphone soon on ebay.

huskur

Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcome. I have confirmed that my droid was insured through verizon. Atleast I have a fallback incase all hell breaks loose when I try to root.

OK....insurance in great to have, especially on this phone BUT if you "root" you will indeed VOID warranty. So, that being said, if something goes terribly wrong do not take your phone in or send it in "rooted" and instead of trying to get it back to normal and spending relentless hours of frustration doing so, just put it under the wheel of your car and run over it. That way insurance doesn't even care if it was rooted, thats the least of the issues with a squashed phone :):icon_ devil:

OP
P

psicrest

Reaction score
hahaha good idea! and i will tell the verizon guy that "i think my phone is defective..."