Greetings! Any motorcyclists here?

ripshod

Reaction score
I just got my Droid2 and I'm eager to take advantage of lots of the features while riding across town and across the country on my motorcycle. I have lots of questions about mounting, Bluetooth capabilities, data usage and available apps. I'll be asking those questions in the appropriate fora, of course, but for now just a big hello from Knoxville, where the mountains are Smoky and the roads are smooth and twisty .

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
welcome to the forum!! lots of motorcycle enthusiasts in here (i'm not one of them, tho ;) ), but even more friendly members willing to help and share info/ideas. in addition to the Droid Discussions section for all things Droid, we also have a separate section, with several subforums, devoted entirely to the D2. browse around, stick around, and join in the fun! :)

E

EvilWays

I use my droid in a handle bar mount as a music system. I have it hooked up to play via stereo cable but can easily convert to bluetooth. I use the cable necause I figure it saves some battery vs bluetooth. The droid also replaces my speedomete by using a gps based speedo. And finally, since my bike doesn't have a fuel guage (damn you honda!!!) I track fuel use with the droid... droid does (ride very well)... have fun. Keep the shinny side up!

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

overtwo

Reaction score
Me! :icon_ banana:

cp22204iw2.jpg

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Now thats a nice bike. Looks like you might have done a few mods on here and there. I am looking forward to the day i can afford a truck and a bike

OP
ripshod

ripshod

Reaction score
I feel very welcome here already. I, too, have made a few modifications, though of a different sort:

o2Ouy.jpg

I'll check out that thread soon. But why do you need a truck AND a bike?

overtwo

Reaction score
Now thats a nice bike. Looks like you might have done a few mods on here and there. I am looking forward to the day i can afford a truck and a bike

Thank you! and yea, there are a few mods (ceramic coated exhaust, engine covers, sliders, etc....)

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well I have a 97' chevy tahoe and I think I'm going to put a 2" lift with 35" nitto tires or a 4" lift with 37's on and continue enjoying the backwoods trails around east nc. I have ridden a couple of my buddies bikes and it is def fun. I wouldn't mind having a hyabusa tho. Anything with an engine interests me and always has. Well more like just goin through the learning process while fixing parts that broke while in the mud. Anyways I would love to have a 2005 gmc 2500HD with a ducatti to pull behind it. Maybe oneday tho haha

Sent from my rooted D2

moviemogul

Reaction score
I have a 99 Kawasaki KLR 650. Its my daily driver, and here in Florida, it's rare when I can't ride.

I've repainted it, upgraded the needle and jetted the carb...custom intake, IMS Exhaust, among other small things.

I get a nice 48mpg on it too.

My Incredible stays nice and safe in my pocket when I'm on it.

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
welcome to the forum. well im happy to say that in Hawaii u can ride nearly 365 days/yr. im on my 4th cycle, from a line of Harley's now its down to an awesome quiet well powered low maintenance Honda Goldwing. its practically a luxury car...

aefdd670-ec56-843f.jpg

Aloha from Hawaii ... Droid 2 Global

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
still waiting for the pics....haha

Well I have a 97' chevy tahoe and I think I'm going to put a 2" lift with 35" nitto tires or a 4" lift with 37's on and continue enjoying the backwoods trails around east nc. I have ridden a couple of my buddies bikes and it is def fun. I wouldn't mind having a hyabusa tho. Anything with an engine interests me and always has. Well more like just goin through the learning process while fixing parts that broke while in the mud. Anyways I would love to have a 2005 gmc 2500HD with a ducatti to pull behind it. Maybe oneday tho haha

Sent from my rooted D2

Aloha from Hawaii ... Droid 2 Global