Green ROMs V1 - VZW_2.4.5 Base

wcramernc

Reaction score
I'll add my $0.02. Still have 3PO in my SMS unknowns, nowhere else. Still have grey sliders. This is after applying all fixes. Am I missing something? Reapplied twice just to be sure, will try again today. This is on Clean Blur. Thanks for this Angdroid!

I am having the same problem with the grey sliders using the Super Clean Pro ROM.

Last edited:

Quie2Droid

Reaction score
I'll add my $0.02. Still have 3PO in my SMS unknowns, nowhere else. Still have grey sliders. This is after applying all fixes. Am I missing something? Reapplied twice just to be sure, will try again today. This is on Clean Blur. Thanks for this Angdroid!

I was having the same issue with text messages and c3po. I applied the sms fix that angdroid posted in the older thread for 2.4.5. It's called sms-convo fix. I am also running clean rom and it worked for me.

lazarus2297

Reaction score
Just installed the NexTheme for 2.4.5 port from here...

[THEME] NexTheme for Droid2 - xda-developers

And it doesn't appear to have caused any issues...I removed Conversations.apk from it before installing, other than that installed as-is.

Added back in the D2 Alarm/timer app which I like.

This theme is not as extensive as 928Droid's Black Glass (my fav) but for what it does it has a nice look.

what apk is the alarm timer app? is it the Bluralarmclock.apk? also I read your post earlier about adding the facebook to the "my accounts" menu so i can sync my FB contact pictures.. could you go into more detail as how you did this? Also after you added that which FB contact sync is it? Old D1 style or the new (no options) D2 version

many thanks in advance!!

GibMonkey

Reaction score

I was having the same issue with text messages and c3po. I applied the sms fix that angdroid posted in the older thread for 2.4.5. It's called sms-convo fix. I am also running clean rom and it worked for me.

I've scoured the forums looking for this fix with no success. Care to give me a hint? ;)

Quie2Droid

Reaction score

I've scoured the forums looking for this fix with no success. Care to give me a hint? ;)

Oops, sorry. It is in the 2.4.0 thread and second post.

Cilraaz

Reaction score
I installed the Super Clean BS VA PRO version. I did both cache/data deletes and the factory reset from within Android. I followed all of this up with an import from Titanium Backup. I'm still getting force closes on the battery statistics, though that's nothing major to me.

The big problem I'm having is that I am consistently seeing a sync icon in my notification bar. I copied over Backup Assistant (and its required android-sync) and confirmed that it's not related to that. I'm not quite sure what is running that would constantly have that sync icon active. Does anyone have any ideas (or has anyone had this issue)?

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
I installed the Super Clean BS VA PRO version. I did both cache/data deletes and the factory reset from within Android. I followed all of this up with an import from Titanium Backup. I'm still getting force closes on the battery statistics, though that's nothing major to me.

The big problem I'm having is that I am consistently seeing a sync icon in my notification bar. I copied over Backup Assistant (and its required android-sync) and confirmed that it's not related to that. I'm not quite sure what is running that would constantly have that sync icon active. Does anyone have any ideas (or has anyone had this issue)?

Hate to say it, but you probably need to try a Factory Reset (Settings>Privacy)...

Before that try clearing Market data/cache (Settings>Apps>Manage>All - find Market and clear data/cache.

But I doubt that will help. :)

I assume you've done basics like rebooting, turning airplane mode on/off, shutting off data and turning it on again (Settings>Wireless and Networks>Mobile Networks), etc.

Hope some of that helps.

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Oh - you can also turn off sync for all email accounts and then turn on one at a time and see if that helps.

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just installed the NexTheme for 2.4.5 port from here...

[THEME] NexTheme for Droid2 - xda-developers

And it doesn't appear to have caused any issues...I removed Conversations.apk from it before installing, other than that installed as-is.

Added back in the D2 Alarm/timer app which I like.

This theme is not as extensive as 928Droid's Black Glass (my fav) but for what it does it has a nice look.

what apk is the alarm timer app? is it the Bluralarmclock.apk? also I read your post earlier about adding the facebook to the "my accounts" menu so i can sync my FB contact pictures.. could you go into more detail as how you did this? Also after you added that which FB contact sync is it? Old D1 style or the new (no options) D2 version

many thanks in advance!!

I don't know which APK it is, but what you mentioned sounds likely. Download the theme and take a look at the APKs in it...you can pull one or more if you want and push them to /system/app and set permissions and they'll be there when you reboot.

For Facebook...if I remember what you're talking about, I pulled the Facebook.apk from another source, put it in /system/app and set permissions and reboot, then it shows up as account type in new accounts. I don't remember where I got it from, frankly...if it's not in my earlier post, then ?

I probably found it in one of the 2.4.5 ROMs that AngDroid posted here or in his other ROM threads...

event121

Reaction score
Any recommendations for Green vs Fission?

Updates coming to Green or is all work on Fission now?

Cilraaz

Reaction score
Hate to say it, but you probably need to try a Factory Reset (Settings>Privacy)...

Before that try clearing Market data/cache (Settings>Apps>Manage>All - find Market and clear data/cache.

But I doubt that will help. :)

I assume you've done basics like rebooting, turning airplane mode on/off, shutting off data and turning it on again (Settings>Wireless and Networks>Mobile Networks), etc.

Hope some of that helps.

I found out that I'm just dumb. Apparently somewhere between 2.2.20 and the initial 2.4.5 releases, something changed in the way accounts are handled. I just noticed today (after restoring to a "good" backup of the initial 2.4.5 release) that my non-gmail, non-touchdown accounts weren't working and appeared corrupt. I'm too lazy to see if they're that way on my initial 2.4.0 leak backup also.

So, I did another factory reset, set up my email accounts manually, downloaded Titanium Backup, and this time made sure to only restore third party programs. So far, no permanent sync and no corrupt accounts. Looks like it was just a case of carrying incompatible data forward.

Thanks for the effort, though!

[edit: 100% confirmed. Every application is reloaded, every email account re-added, gmail set to sync, and there's no stuck sync notifier. Battery consumption is MUCH better. Performance is great. Love the ROM. Thanks AngDroid.

So, now I'm running the 2.4.5 Super Clean BS VA PRO with the Star Wars wallpapers, Star Wars boot animation, and Star Wars lock screen sliders. Loving it.]

Last edited:

event121

Reaction score
*Bug* (Was in test rom of 2.4.0 / 2.4.5 as well)

BSVAPro

Camera > Menu > Picture Modes > Panorama Assist > Right
Closes out of Camera

Funky D

Reaction score
Camera > Menu > Picture Modes > Panorama Assist > Right
Closes out of Camera

Try replacing BlurCamera.apk with the one from the Apps download... this one seems to work (it will use the old blur camera icon).