Great phone, lousy manual

chiocci

Reaction score
Is there a simple way to set up different ring tones for telephone, Google mail and Pop3 mail? I want to know what happened when I get a ring so I can decide if I need to respond immediately. Blackberry did a great job with that.

Thanks
Chuck

TomN

Reaction score
For the phone ringtone go into Settings>Sound and Display and set the ringtone there.

For your email, go into each account, hit the menu button, then go into the settings and you can change the notification sounds there.

SoCal65

Reaction score
"You don't need no stinkin' manual" ............. when you have this forum. :greendroid:

:hail:

OP
C

chiocci

Reaction score

Leonid

Reaction score
Manual

Save the trees, don't print the manual - just add as a favorite.
But, I agree with the others - this forum is awesome.
We need to try to keep the conversation friendlier. As some of us are technically challenged - but, extremely appreciative of the support provided by the more advanced users. Be gentle & patient with us. :)

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Forums are always better, I wonder why VZW didnt just put the user guide in the box instead of the quick start, not even a piece of paper giving a link to the full manual ...

keiichi25

Reaction score
Forums are always better, I wonder why VZW didnt just put the user guide in the box instead of the quick start, not even a piece of paper giving a link to the full manual ...

If you look at the packaging of the Droid phone, the box doesn't leave much room for a thick manual.

Ideally, the phone, like many other phones, most people don't look at the manual. I mean, hell, have you ever looked at the Blackberry Manuals? Most of them are like reading Textbooks versus an actual manual most of us don't bother looking at it. And this is coming from a person in IT.

Only time most people look at a manual is when they can't figure out something, but even then, most people bother asking other people or go to the store rep, as the manual sometimes uses words most people don't understand.

And to be honest, most of us are also "what does this do?" and trying to figure it out on our own or finding places like this to figure out new things, as often times, the manual just goes over some of the really basic stuff, not some of the more interesting stuff as the more interesting stuff comes from apps and experimentation, and that takes a lot more pages to fill out than they have room for.

OP
C

chiocci

Reaction score

If you look at the packaging of the Droid phone, the box doesn't leave much room for a thick manual.

Ideally, the phone, like many other phones, most people don't look at the manual. I mean, hell, have you ever looked at the Blackberry Manuals? Most of them are like reading Textbooks versus an actual manual most of us don't bother looking at it. And this is coming from a person in IT.

Only time most people look at a manual is when they can't figure out something, but even then, most people bother asking other people or go to the store rep, as the manual sometimes uses words most people don't understand.

And to be honest, most of us are also "what does this do?" and trying to figure it out on our own or finding places like this to figure out new things, as often times, the manual just goes over some of the really basic stuff, not some of the more interesting stuff as the more interesting stuff comes from apps and experimentation, and that takes a lot more pages to fill out than they have room for.

You are right. I have figured msot of it out and it work well for me. The stuff I can't figure out I ask you guys.

Thanks
Chuck