GPS with Weatherbug

Caesarg

Reaction score
Ok so maybe I just cant figure this out. I came over from a bb storm on which I had weatherbug installed. I really liked having the get location from the gps function. I used it quite often when traveling.

Now on the droid (love the phone btw), I can't seem to get this function to work. Whenever I try it says location disabled. In the settings it has an "enable my location" setting however, it will not let me check the box.

Is this feature only available if you purchase the premium edition or am I just messing up?

Any help is appreciated.

Laurence5905

Reaction score
Make sure GPS is enabled on the phone itself.

Press the Menu button while on the Home Screen.
Select Settings
Select Location & Security
Ensure that Use GPS Satellites is enabled.

The WeatherBug app can't get your location if GPS is disabled on the phone, ergo, it will grey-out the selection for "get my location."

Good luck -- hope this helps.

EDIT: Just a note... Activating the GPS on this (or any) phone does use the battery more quickly. But if your WeatherBug app is set to only update your location every few minutes (instead of constantly updating it) then you really shouldn't have a terrible problem with battery-drain.

Last edited:

Donkey Hodie

Reaction score
Is your GPS turned on? Check that and see if it then offers the "enable my location" setting in weatherbug.