GPS / Weather / Widgets Location Fix

ChevyNo1

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
OK, anyone running 4.3 has likely run into the issue of the news/weather widget not getting your location, google home page not getting it, etc. Here's the fix - I will also update the RM main link for 4.3 so any new downloads will also get the fix. This is an update.zip format file:

http://chevyno1.richstevenson.com/froyo/4.3/LocationFix.zip

Sorry it took so long but I was away all weekend!

lumpysherman

Reaction score
Thanx Chevy you rock!

Sent from my 'Simply Stunning' Droid using Tapatalk

rich_r

Reaction score
I haven't installed the patch - just SS4.3. Maps and New/Weather, Beautiful Widgets, Browser Location all seem to be working just fine. Should I apply the patch anyway?

OP
ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
If you are NOT having problems - no reason to install the patch

solution

Reaction score
OK, anyone running 4.3 has likely run into the issue of the news/weather widget not getting your location, google home page not getting it, etc. Here's the fix - I will also update the RM main link for 4.3 so any new downloads will also get the fix. This is an update.zip format file:

http://chevyno1.richstevenson.com/froyo/4.3/LocationFix.zip

Sorry it took so long but I was away all weekend!

Just applied this fix to Kang's frf84b build. Worked just fine, I'm fairly confident it will work for all roms having this issue. Just out of curiosity, is networklocator.apk the program that makes the connection to google analytics?

mforrest

Reaction score
Do I put that .zip file in root folder of my sdcard? Do I need to rename it to anything? Can I push/install it with the terminal emulator? Or am I supposed to go into CW and install the file from there?

I am sure that you can tell I know just enough to cause even bigger problems for myself. Thanks for your patience and help.

Tornado Rex

Reaction score
Use the install from sdcard option in CW. Or you can rename it update.zip and do it that way through SPR.

mforrest

Reaction score
holy cr@p.. I did it and it worked... I love this rom.. I have tried A LOT of the roms and Chevy seems to be (by far) the least buggy and most complete. Thanks for the help. I really appreciate it.

mforrest

Reaction score
now that it is applied, can i delete the .zip file from the sdcard? Or does it need to stay there for the patch to continue to work? Just trying to clean things up and have as much space available for future tinkering...dancedroid