GPS on without use?

mkthnx001

Reaction score
I was wondering, if you have GPS enabled, yet there are no applications using it at the moment, is it still using a considerable amount of battery? Is it okay to leave GPS enabled all the time?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
OP
M

mkthnx001

Reaction score
Bump.

Really hoping to have an answer to this soon, as I want to properly test battery life with some new configurations, etc.

EDIT: Read some posts on other websites, and no one seems to have a final answer; I'm thinking it only uses a noticeable amount of battery when an application is actually using GPS. Indeed, I think I'll keep this as a theory.

Last edited:

OldguyMark

Reaction score
I leave my GPS turned on all the time and have not had any problems with battery usage.

If you want to run some tests, I'd try it both ways and see what happens - then give us a report back .... :icon_cool::)

pyro6128

Reaction score
Yea leaving your gps enabled all the time isnt an issue. Mine is always on. If you turned it off though you would see a little increase in battery life, but nothing too crazy. I only turn my gps if my battery is really low and I'm not by a charger. Otherwise you're fine, don't worry about it