GPS accuracy issues

Schottinthedark

Reaction score
I have been experiencing GPS accuracy issues. I used run keeper on my wife's Droid X2 and it worked great. tried it on my new rezound and it adds distance by telling me i went off the course I was on. Tried a couple other programs and it seems to be the same issue. Location is almost always right but for split seconds it will jump around. Tried GPS Status & Tools to reset GPS assistance data from the internet and it shows anywhere from 9-20 satellites with a fix and error distance to be 9 or 13 ft. seems fine to me, but all the map programs show me across the street at times or even half a block away for a second and then back. I can adjust these points on the map after the fact but I would like it to keep track of my distance accurately. (usually adds about a quarter mile for every mile but not evenly.) any thoughts? should I return the phone and try another rezound? If no one else has these issues I am thinking that may be my only hope. An Internet search didn't reveal any people with the same issues. Thanks for any tips.

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
Seems pretty close on my Rez. I had an Inc and the accuracy was terrible. This is a huge improvement.

Richtpt

Reaction score
I just upgraded my original HTC Incredible to a Rezound. Love the phone but I have also experienced the GPS being off, sometimes by a lot! I use Runkeeper and when I was done it had me all OVER the place. I tried turning on just one of the three GPS options (Google, Standalone, Verizon), two and all three, nothing seemed to be better or worse than the other. My Incredible was really good, I never had problems like this. And it was cloudy, I was outside, a few times I went under some trees, but mostly I was in the open. I hope someone has a fix for this!

TBD1

Reaction score
I just upgraded my original HTC Incredible to a Rezound. Love the phone but I have also experienced the GPS being off, sometimes by a lot! I use Runkeeper and when I was done it had me all OVER the place. I tried turning on just one of the three GPS options (Google, Standalone, Verizon), two and all three, nothing seemed to be better or worse than the other. My Incredible was really good, I never had problems like this. And it was cloudy, I was outside, a few times I went under some trees, but mostly I was in the open. I hope someone has a fix for this!

I use jogtracker on mine and it seems to be real accurate, when I review it after uploading it, it even picks up when I take a shortcut across lots.

Tha187um

Reaction score
Could it be your app? not sure if that makes any sense, but both users that have replied with issues use runkeeper.

I just took a trip overseas and HEAVILY relied on the GPS and it was FLAWLESS. I used Locus for Offline Map and worked 100% perfect.

PatG

Reaction score
Could it be your app? not sure if that makes any sense, but both users that have replied with issues use runkeeper.

I just took a trip overseas and HEAVILY relied on the GPS and it was FLAWLESS. I used Locus for Offline Map and worked 100% perfect.

You got gps working overseas without a data connection? I thought that was not possible. Did you use locus products or did you have to buy the $137 version.

Sent from my Awesome Rezound using Droid Forums

Tha187um

Reaction score
You got gps working overseas without a data connection? I thought that was not possible. Did you use locus products or did you have to buy the $137 version.

Sent from my Awesome Rezound using Droid Forums

Aaaah finally, I'm glad I could help :) let me tell you this phone is amazing, the built in GPS chip works GREAT standalone, on my Epic touch I had to use cell towers, wi-fi and built in gps in order to get an ok signal... but with the Rezound, just the GPS alone is more than enough...

I used Locus (Free Version) I believe the paid one gives you turn by turn navigation (Im not 100% on this) I didn't need turn by turn, I just needed a live GPS to see where I was going, I wouldn't be able to rely on turn by turn as must of the roads i took were in the country with no official names, etc... so live GPS positioning worked just great, i was able to travel about 600 miles on unknown territories :)

What you need:

Mobile Atlas Creator 1.8 (Search for this version as it has more sources than the new one)
- What you do with this is create your Offline Map, on this version I used google maps, on the newer version they removed Google Maps :(
- Select your region of destination and create your offline map (sqlitedb)

Locus (Free or Paid)
- Load your Map (sqlitedb) to your SD card and on the app, go to maps and select the home created offline map and that is it...

It sounds tricky, let me know if I can be of any further assistance in the process. It took me a while to figure out Mobile Atlas Creator but it's actually pretty simple.

Be aware that the more detail you need and the bigger the are the more time it will take to download the map. Don't be greedy, you do not need level 19 or even 18 for your entire trip, so for broad areas stick to like level 14-15 and close to the destination points you can do level 17+

so my total investment... $0 and about 2 hours of my time trying to create the map, 1.5 was actually figuring out the app :)

Trex625

Reaction score
GPS Chip Set **SLOW**

Yes the REZOUND has a slow responding GPS chip set. My old HTC ERIS would update in 1-2 seconds but my "New" HTC REZOUND takes 4-5 seconds to update. Also, it would throw in a wildly inaccurate coordinated and mess up my route. I use mine for recording my cycling races. Turns are cut off, stright routes suddenly jump way left then way right then back on tract. I now use my old ERIS (w/o mobile service) to record my route (w/o a map) then I downland it and map it thereafter. I will try this weekend to use my REZOUND w/o mobile service enabled (GPS enabled of course) to record my route and see if its the interplay between the two (you know phone updates, status updates, msg's, emails...)

singha

Reaction score
hello, wondering if anyone ever fixed your runkeeper issue with your HTZ rezound? I just got one and experienced the same issues