Google's Motorola Nexus 6 Quick Detail Summary

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

The main rumors regarding the Nexus 6 turned out to be true. The next Nexus device is a Motorola made product. The Nexus 6 is a phablet-style smartphone of epic proportions. In the video above, Google "gets a party started" by trying to bring together all the Android OEMs in some way. The Motorola Nexus 6 phone is prominently on display in various sections of the video. Although Google didn't release the full internal spec-list in their blog, they did give a brief description of the device. Here's a quote,

"First, with Motorola, we developed the Nexus 6. This new phone has a contoured aluminum frame, a 6-inch Quad HD display and a 13 megapixel camera. The large screen is complemented by dual front-facing stereo speakers that deliver high-fidelity sound, making it as great for movies and gaming as it is for doing work. It also comes with a Turbo Charger, so you can get up to six hours of use with only 15 minutes of charge."

From these few details it appears at least some of the rumored specs were right. We can't wait to try get our hands on the Nexus 6 and take it for a spin. Here's a direct link to Google's landing page for the Nexus 6: Nexus 6 Google

For more Motorola Nexus 6 discussions, check out our dedicated section here: Motorola Nexus 6 Android Forums at DroidForums.net

Source: Google Blog

Last edited:

zinethar

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8 and Note 10
As long as it supports external USB devices I no longer see that as a problem. I have a 64GB thumb drive that is about the size of the plug on the end of a charger cable. I can plug it into my Galaxy Nexus or First Gen Nexus 7 and have all the files or movies available (or music) I need. Down side is I don't have a connector that can charge it while the usb drive is plugged in. To get around that I download one movie at a time to the device, remove the usb drive, plug in external battery and enjoy with no issues. When finished delete and repeat.

PS - both of these devices are rooted and use stick mount but I have also used in on newer devices with no root needed or issues.

techinv

Reaction score
So I see the fast charge bit. Wondering what the time to fully charge the battery is.

So let's see. Size penalty, dollar penalty, no wireless charging.....

Not sold just yet.....

Last edited:

techinv

Reaction score
$649 for the 32gb model, according to Engadget.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
But the specs are better than thought.. It's running the same guts as the turbo except for a smaller battery... So now it's a debate of.. Will vzw get in the way of things like the 2012 model? Will lollipop make it battery efficient enough to not need a huge battery like the turbo has?? Will Verizon have a package deal for those of us that want both?? Lmao

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
"Be together. Not the same"
I actually like that slogan.I can have an LG phone and an Asus tablet and a Moto smart watch and all my stuff works together. OR... I can have an iPad and a iPhone and be the same because one is just a bigger version of the other.
>3

Last edited by a moderator:

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
But the specs are better than thought.. It's running the same guts as the turbo except for a smaller battery... So now it's a debate of.. Will vzw get in the way of things like the 2012 model? Will lollipop make it battery efficient enough to not need a huge battery like the turbo has?? Will Verizon have a package deal for those of us that want both?? Lmao

Given the quickness in which Moto has been able to update the 2013 X on Verizon, I'd like to take that as a sign that Verizon won't be getting in the way as much as they did with the Galaxy Nexus. But of course this is Verizon...

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Well, THAT's an interesting omission then from the listed specs on Google's page. If I sit still long enough, I'm sure that I could come up with some interesting conspiracy theories for that, but I won't.

Thanks for posting the link.
Unless it's just a mistake on Moto's site, I'm guessing the reason for the omission is that Google wants to play up the rapid charging capabilities. Wireless charging in its current form is far from rapid, so they may just be trying to prevent any confusion that many consumers might have with the two.