Google's ex-CEO Eric Schmidt to Receive a $100 Million Dollar Equity Award

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Eric-Schmidt-Flak.jpg

As Eric Schmidt steps down as CEO of Google, the company is giving him a generous "thank you for your service" gift. He will receive a $100 Million dollar equity award paid out over a four year period of time. It is also the first award like it, that he has received at the company. Wow! Most companies give you a "don't let the door hit you on the way out" shiny gold pocket watch or something. Also, Dr. Schmidt plans on liquidating 534,000 shares of Class A common stock, which amounts to another cool $325 Million dollars. Ultimately, these numbers seem huge to the average person, but they are really 'small-change' when you compare them to his 8.7 Million shares of stock, valued at about $5.3 Billion dollars. Yes... that's Billion with a 'b'. Mr. Schmidt must have needed some 'spending money' to play around with...

What would you guys do with $425 Million dollars?

Source: Reuters via Phonearena

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
He's not exactly being fired - I believe he will remain as executive chairman of the board. Sounds more like planned succession, to me.

Still a pretty gratuitous award, but I don't think investors have much reason to complain.

Sweettooth

Reaction score
I'd exchange it for roughly 420 million pennies, using the remainder of the money to secure or rent out a helicopter or cargo plane, then rain down the pennies on a large city during rush hour.

Sweettooth

Reaction score
Correction. I'd use another chunk of the money paying for better math lessons seeing as how I obviously forgot there are 100 pennies in a dollar. Fail.

soondolee

Reaction score
425 millllllll............:icon_eek:
he can give me the 1% of that money.....

Phil DeLong

Reaction score
I'd exchange it for roughly 420 million pennies, using the remainder of the money to secure or rent out a helicopter or cargo plane, then rain down the pennies on a large city during rush hour.

You're my hero.

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
I'd buy every android phone (and tablet) ever made and test them out to see which one(s) I liked the best! :i-m_so_happy: Heck, with that kind of dough I could have a company build me a custom android phone with my desired specs! :cool:

Jokool_7777

Reaction score
Leave

#1. Set up the family and future family so the next 10 generations do not have to work.

#2. Leave the country.

allenhayden

Reaction score
What would you guys do with $425 Million dollars?

Oh it sounds very awesome that he has been awarded such a huge $ award. If i were he, i would have my own versatile cabs collections from whole world..