Google Voice

Dragoro

Reaction score
To use for free calls you have to:

1 Add your google number to F&F
2 Add your outgoing number to F&F (It shows up in a white box at the top of the screen when dialing out) (That number also changes as you go to different areas, so if ya travel, that number changes and your outgoing calls will count against your minutes, so be aware of that).
3 Go to the google voice page, settings, and make it so your google number always shows on incoming calls (which means no caller ID).

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok so i am using Google voice for my voicemail i just recieved an IM saying i have voice mail so i read it..then i call my voicemail to actually hear it..and it says i have no voice mail yet i can see the transcript of it so where is my actual voice mail?
Is it there if you go to http://www.google.com/voice on your PC?

I have never used Google voice and not really sure what it does. Why is it better then just your normal voice mail?
Well, it's far more than just voicemail, for one thing. Check out the Wikipedia page (linked above) or read up at the Google Voice site.

I just finally got gvoice..how do you get all your contact pictures to show up without having to edit and input +1 to everybodies phone number? Also, how do you make a call? My minutes are running out for real
Did you install the GV app?

Dragoro, how do I use VOIP then?
That's for an entirely different thread. There's probably info on this site if you search.

Last edited:

Sean

Reaction score
ok question... i have the droid for verizon... and i set it to use google voice for all calls... but when i dial with the dial pad it still shows my actual number and not my google voice number on the caller id on whoever im calling... the only time it actually uses google voice to dial out is if i call someone useing my contact list... but what if i dont have someone in my contacts... how can i get it to use google voice when i dial out on the dial pad to a number not in my contacts?