Google Voice Search stopped working after recent Shazam Update

_atlas

Reaction score
Has anyone else's Google Voice search stopped working after updating to the most recent version of Shazam? I use Google Voice search very often, and I used it last night before I went to sleep. I woke up this morning and updated Shazam, and voice search stopped working? Did a battery pull, uninstalled Shazam, re-installed it....nothing.

Does this mean I'd have to do a factory reset? My phone has been working brilliantly so far...I'd hate to have to start again.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else's Google Voice search stopped working after updating to the most recent version of Shazam. I use Google Voice search very often, and I used it last night before I went to sleep. I woke up this morning and updated Shazam, and voice search stopped working? Did a battery pull, uninstalled Shazam, re-installed it....nothing.

Does this mean I'd have to do a factory reset? My phone has been working brilliantly so far...I'd hate to have to start again.

When you did your battery pull did you allow enough time for the capacitors to fully discharge?

rawveeda

Reaction score
I don't normally use the voice search. But after reading your post (& having upadated shazam last night) I tried it out & mine is working.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I don't normally use the voice search. But after reading your post (& having upadated shazam last night) I tried it out & mine is working.

I'm the opposite. I tried it, didn't work, uninstalled Shazam, still not working...

These threads are on the same Topic, with possibly no relation to Shazam...

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/te...9955-voice-search-not-working.html#post190364

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/te...ease-help-google-voice-search.html#post190365

On the top one, the OP is currently on the phone with Verizon. He NEVER had Shazam installed.

Silver Member
Reaction score
not working here either. shazam uninstall didn't resolve the issue.

Silver Member
Reaction score
if you cancel during a search, voice search stops working completely.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks