Google Voice Outgoing Number

jasonty

Reaction score
What is the easiest/fastest way to have my GV number displayed on the Caller IDs of other phones?

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Go into the GoogleVoice app and select "use my google voice number" that will show your google voice number on any caller ID. It will also, however make all your calls via/through GoogleVoice which can be problematic at times (voice quality is often hit-or-miss at best).

slinky

Reaction score
Go into the GoogleVoice app and select "use my google voice number" that will show your google voice number on any caller ID. It will also, however make all your calls via/through GoogleVoice which can be problematic at times (voice quality is often hit-or-miss at best).
I have been looking for the same for quite a while but I don't think that there is any way around this. I want to use my GV number but not the GV service. I think it only works if you use a VOIP service.

wcjeep

Reaction score
It would be possible to port the number from Google to your cell carrier. This would eliminate your native phone number. If you have Verizon Unlimited I would caution against this. The cell carriers see this as a cancellation of service. You will have to spend some time at a carrier corporate store explaining the situation. There was a right up on Gizmodo about 2yrs ago that discussed the problems with Porting a number while not cancelling the actual service.

Port fee is around $20. This money does not goto Google or your carrier. It's a charge from the agency tasked with number translations.

AECRADIO

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
1.Moto-G, Droid-X, 3.Droid 2
Twitter
@AECRADIO
Anyone having difficulty making calls TO a Google Voice number?
I have all my settings correctly configured, but when I CALL the device, my phone tells me the call can not go through.
No mater what I try, I can not call my tablet.
I have the voicemail callback number stored and configured properly, there must be some tiny bit of information I am not doing properly, but I can not find what it is, or what is wrong.
GV serves little use if my number is of no use to call, especially on WiFi. My VOIP service is watery more often than not also.
60MB speed should not be a problem with any voice connection though. Pkenty of bandwidth to feed a voice channel without latency issues clogging up the channel.