Google Voice Help

GW_JCRUZ

Reaction score
I just got the google voice app. and what i need help on is that my GF, my mom, and bro have att. when they call me it doesnt transcript vm nor it leaves an actual voice message. no sound. what do I do? i have a moto droid.

hookerdj

Reaction score
sounds like you didnt set up vooicemail yet or did you set up the actual google voice? theres a app in the market

I just got the google voice app. and what i need help on is that my GF, my mom, and bro have att. when they call me it doesnt transcript vm nor it leaves an actual voice message. no sound. what do I do? i have a moto droid.

OP
GW_JCRUZ

GW_JCRUZ

Reaction score
i actually set up both Gv number and Voicemail. but what is weird is that my coworkers all have VZW and it works for them. i even called with our stores number and it worked. so im kinda like wtf.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Stupid question time:

You actually have a Google Voice account right? Not just downloading the app...

hookerdj

Reaction score
did you just download the app and try and run that or did you get a actual invite to the google voice you have to have a invite to run it also you have to get the app in the market to set everything up

i actually set up both Gv number and Voicemail. but what is weird is that my coworkers all have VZW and it works for them. i even called with our stores number and it worked. so im kinda like wtf.

OP
GW_JCRUZ

GW_JCRUZ

Reaction score
yes i have a google number and voicemail and i downloaded the app.

OP
GW_JCRUZ

GW_JCRUZ

Reaction score
i got an actual invite. then i ran the app.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
And you set it up properly, dialing the necessary programming numbers?

hookerdj

Reaction score
did you run the app it goes through the setup when you run the app like you have to set up your phone it tells it to call like i think *717then your number i believe or something like that? when you run google voice program on your fone whats it do?

OP
GW_JCRUZ

GW_JCRUZ

Reaction score
yes i did i even uninstalled and deactivated a couple times now and same thing wont leave messages from att subscribers.

OP
GW_JCRUZ

GW_JCRUZ

Reaction score
WTF. so I got her phone and called the google number again and it worked but when i called my original number it doesnt leave a message at all. it just shows the length of message with no sound. is that normal.

hookerdj

Reaction score
wait i dunno i never tried my original number

WTF. so I got her phone and called the google number again and it worked but when i called my original number it doesnt leave a message at all. it just shows the length of message with no sound. is that normal.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
So you're claiming it only happens with AT&T customers? Picking up a land line and leaving a message has the proper behavior?

OP
GW_JCRUZ

GW_JCRUZ

Reaction score
ya its so weird i dialed from two different land lines to my original number and had friends with VZW call my original number it not only left a text view but also a voice message as well. im kinda getting frustrated lol.