Google Voice and Handcent

circsmonky

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Can i text through handcent on my google voice number? when i try it doesnt work

OP
circsmonky

circsmonky

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
its wierd i cant tell for sure but i think my texts are going out as my GV number, i need to wait for my dad to get off of work to be sure.

dclutter1

Reaction score
I've tested this on several occasions but now I can't remember the results lol. I know I wasn't happy with them, but that may be because I'm not super impressed with gvoice anyway.

Eddog4DROID

Reaction score
I love having FREE texting with Google Voice. I don't love being restricted with the Google Voice texting function its app. It is bad. Can't I at the very least group the messages by contact not date like in the stock app???? Google needs to gives us more options with this.

And with Their Google Talk app as well!

JoeeDB

Reaction score
The only way I know of to send texts out that come from your google number without using the google voice app is to text the number that google voice sets to each contact when they text/call you.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
The only way I know of to send texts out that come from your google number without using the google voice app is to text the number that google voice sets to each contact when they text/call you.
I.e. Enable SMS forwarding.

If you using the GV app then SMS is sent via your GV number. If you use any other app, it's sent via your VZW number. Unless you have forwarding enabled and you reply to a message forwarded from GV (via a 406 number), as JoeeDB mentioned.