google voice and email question

bpf55911

Reaction score
google voice: i have the g-voice account set to forward to my cell phone = works fine and g-voicemail is working fine on that as well. problem is when someone calls my actual cell number it goes into my carrier vmail and not g-vmail. i thought of forwarding my cell number to the gnumber but did not want to create a loop- ie gvoive forwarding to cell number, and cell number forwarding to gvoice number? make sense?? help!

email i have a gmail account and a live.com account. when i get a gmail it notifies me fine, prob is so does the combined email box = so i get 2 notifies with one email. please advise on solution.
ps i am new here-- sorry for the lengthy description. i'll get the hang of it.

Last edited:

droijo

Reaction score
Make sure to set the voicemail options in Settings to Google Voice too. Should solve the voicemail problem when calling your direct line. Not sure what you mean when you say combined inbox. What i do is disable the email notice forwarding through google.com/voice and install the Google Voice app and get my notices that way via Voice.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
i thought of forwarding my cell number to the gnumber but did not want to create a loop- ie gvoive forwarding to cell number, and cell number forwarding to gvoice number? make sense?? help!
That's what conditional call forwarding is for. There are a couple of easy ways to get directions:

1. Settings->Call settings, choose Google Voice as your Voicemail service. Then hit Voicemail settings. I'm not sure exactly what to do at this point since I'm already set up.
2. Hit the GV site on your PC, go into Settings->Phones and click on the link to activate Google Voicemail for that phone.

email i have a gmail account and a live.com account. when i get a gmail it notifies me fine, prob is so does the combined email box = so i get 2 notifies with one email. please advise on solution.
ps i am new here-- sorry for the lengthy description. i'll get the hang of it.
What combined email box? Are you referring to the stock Email app? How is it getting your gmail? Did you set Email up to access your gmail account or is your gmail somehow forwarded to the other account?

Last edited: