Google Talk

mauzydpt

Reaction score
Can anyone get video chat to work on og droid? Just flashed 5.5 and saw Google talk with video was added, but can't get it to work.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It doesn't have an FFC so I think that it may not.

OP
M

mauzydpt

Reaction score
I guess I was hoping to at least view video on phone.

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
Can anyone get video chat to work on og droid? Just flashed 5.5 and saw Google talk with video was added, but can't get it to work.

When 2.3.4 was coming out, I remember reading that it could work. Although it would be awkward with no ffc. I just took the gtalk out of SS 5.5 and flashed it to my phone since the version I had didnt have video options. I now see the video option for one of my contacts, but I dont really know them well enough to test it. If you want to pm me your gmail, we could give it a try. I'm curious myself to see if it works.

pdc419

Reaction score
I got it to work on a different rom, but shows other person back camera view

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums

diesburg

Reaction score
I forget which rom I was using but I used gtalk with video succesfully between my pc and my droid.....I never tested it phone to phone though....

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

JWellington

Reaction score
It's not so much the rom, but the gapps package you decide to install. I got video working even on the stock Droid X rom, with the right told of course =)
Yea they can see the back of the camera but it is better than nothing.

Swyped from my DROIDX from Tapatalk.

Last edited:

1FZFE

Reaction score
I have tried various tweaked gtalk and google services framework apks from xda to try to get this to work. I can see and hear the other person and they can see video from my rear camera but they are never able to hear me. There seems to be a problem with the mic/outgoing audio. This would be neat to use from time to time, but without audio its pretty useless. Has anyone ever successfully been able to have someone on the other end hear you during the video chat?

bdub33

Reaction score
I have tried various tweaked gtalk and google services framework apks from xda to try to get this to work. I can see and hear the other person and they can see video from my rear camera but they are never able to hear me. There seems to be a problem with the mic/outgoing audio. This would be neat to use from time to time, but without audio its pretty useless. Has anyone ever successfully been able to have someone on the other end hear you during the video chat?

Yes. I have once but there was no video

spc_hicks09

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.teamoctos.com
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S3
Twitter
spc_hicks09

Part of the problem could also be that this feature is meant for devices with front facing cameras.

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Part of the problem could also be that this feature is meant for devices with front facing cameras.

Exactly. What's the point on having it if you can't see the other person while you are talking to them...unless you switch back and forth which sounds ridiculously stupid.

Sent from my Droid 3 directly to YOU!