Google Shares New Android Wear Video Teaser Ahead of Apple Watch Event

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

In an effort to preemptively attack Apple's press event for the Apple Watch, earlier this morning Google shared a new teaser for their Android Wear line of smartwatches. We have included it above. As usual, it uses Google's new Android catch-phrase, "be together. not the same."

It's short on meatiness and on time, clocking in at only 17 seconds, and including nothing but some dancing people. We aren't sure it really did much to over-shadow Apple's event, but it was probably a necessary marketing move.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Show something it does that most don't realize instead of dancing would've worked better.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Show something it does that most don't realize instead of dancing would've worked better.
I agree... The "this product is fun and cool" approach isn't going to cut it for me.. I want to see why I should want this product.. But we're a different breed...

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Have to agree with you guys, especially given the timing of the release. It doesn't even say Android wear anywhere. Many people don't even know that's a thing, or at least what it's called.