Google Search settings on Razr. Very confused.

questions0

Reaction score
If you go to Google Search App> Settings> Google Search, you will see a header labeled "Google Account". Underneath will be a google email address. Now, I've spent about a day wracking my brain to figure out what that even means. I checked google, and they say that it is the account "used with Google Search and Google Now". But, when I go to the google site in my browser, I can see that I am not signed into an account, because I see "Sign In" at the bottom of the page. So what does that email address under "Google Account" even do? What does it mean?

Edit: the email address is of course mine.

YellowJacket

Reaction score
Android phones are usualy registered to your gmail account. It is how you log onto your email and google play. It is usually set up when you first get your phone.

David

OP
Q

questions0

Reaction score
Android phones are usualy registered to your gmail account. It is how you log onto your email and google play. It is usually set up when you first get your phone.

David

I'm still confused. There are two accounts that I can choose from under "Google Accounts". I can only have one selected at a time. By saying that the one I have selected is how I log into my gmail, do you mean my gmail app? If that's the case, then how come I can have one account selected and be able to log into both of my gmail accounts (in the gmail app)? And am I right in assuming that having an account selected under "Google Accounts" is totally separate from being logged into gmail in the browser? I'm so comfused, but I greatly appreciate your help.

EDIT: And I understand that I have to be logged into google for google play to work. So the question becomes: how can I be logged into google but not be logged into google in my browser?