Google Play Store Problems

bassrunner67

Reaction score
I am having problems with the google play store. I cannot download or update any apps. I keep getting the errors below. Any help would be appreciated.
Screenshot_2012-11-02-08-44-29.pngScreenshot_2012-11-02-08-44-45.png

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
First thing to try would be a reboot. Second thing would be going to settings-apps-all and scrolling to play store. Wipe data (don't worry this doesn't wipe out your apps or anything).

comk4ver

Reaction score
Do you have data on or enabled background? Because otherwise you might only be able to download from Wi-Fi

Namaste777

Reaction score
I am having the same problems you are. Haven't been able to update any apps for about 4-5 days it seems. Same error code as well. I'm stock, running 4.1.. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Namaste777

Reaction score
Btw, I am able to download music but I can't find it after download. Very strange and frustrating.

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
Have you tried signing out of your google account and signing back in? Well more specifically removing your google account then adding it again.

Namaste777

Reaction score
Won't I lose all my contact info and many other things if I remove my account?

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
You can't remove the primary Google account without a factory reset I'm afraid.

Syndicate's idea should clear it up - clearing data in the settings and basically starting it over.

Sent from my S3

Namaste777

Reaction score
Thanks for replying. However, I've tried that 3 times with no luck. Strange how this happened out of the blue. Guess I'm stuck.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I think when I ran into this problem on one of the ROMs I had I re flashed it and it went away. I did try clearing the data and everything like you have and nothing worked. I unfortunately as jnt said your only option may be a factory reset.

I never tried adding another Gmail account to my device but maybe you can do that and delete the original account? Again I've never attempted this so I don't even know if that's possible

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
You can remove an account, and then restore it without a factory reset. Add or remove accounts - Android OS Help <-- it is talked about near the bottom there. A coworker buddy of mine had a wacky problem with the playstore, and this solved it for him. I do not recall if it was this specific problem, but I did do this for him and he was able to use the market properly.

Note this doesn't delete anything on your phone, for the few seconds you are logged out of your account you won't be able to use any of the google services though (which should be expected).

A factory reset would probably be my next thing to try.

comk4ver

Reaction score
Try getting rid of apps one by one. It could be a rogue app.

Namaste777

Reaction score
Thanks for all information and replies. After trying once again just about everything (besides removing my account & reinstalling it) you all have recommended I'm still at a lost. And the few apps I got rid of (most recently downloaded or purchased) are gone for good. I'm afraid to remove my account because it does state that I will lose everything associated with it. Guess it's my only other option other than a factory reset at this point.

Namaste777

Reaction score
Finally!!! Thank you, cupfulloflol! Backed up Google, removed and signed back in and just updated all my apps and everything seems normal again. Thanks again, I was getting worried.