Google Play Credit Will No Longer Be Available on New Nexus 7 Tablets After Sept. 30

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
google-play-logo-full-with-shadow.jpeg

The Google Play Store credit that comes with the Nexus 7 has a dwindling life-span. As a reminder, Google's Play Support site shared that the $25 dollar credit that comes with the Nexus 7 to purchase Google Play content, (like movies, books, games and apps), will no longer be offered with the nexus 7 if you purchase one after September 30th, 2012. Here's a quote with some of the details,

Eligibility

The $25 Google Play credit offer ends September 30, 2012.

To be eligible for the $25 Google Play credit on Nexus 7, you must have:

A valid Google account; and
A valid credit card stored on your Google Wallet account Please be aware that you will only receive one $25 credit per Nexus 7, credit card or Google account. If you did not receive the credit, you may not be eligible to receive the credit.
At this time, virtual credit cards are not accepted for the Google Play credit redemption.
Terms and Expiration

Offer ends September 30, 2012. Some exclusions apply. Value subject to expiration. Read the Google Play promotion terms.

Source: Google Play Store Support

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I bought a nexus 7 today and forgot about the credit. It was a pleasant surprise. So far, very happy with my new toy.

kparks510

Reaction score
Just bought mine sunday. I didnt know about the credit and it was almost as nice a surprise as how good the nexus actually is

SwiftLegend

Reaction score
I have some strange amount like $2.64 of credit left. Isn't enough for a book and I can't think of any app that I'd want. :frown:

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Just bought mine sunday. I didnt know about the credit and it was almost as nice a surprise as how good the nexus actually is

My only complaint about it so far is this website in Chrome on it. OTher websites seems to work fine, but this one doesn't.

kparks510

Reaction score
johnomaz said:
My only complaint about it so far is this website in Chrome on it. OTher websites seems to work fine, but this one doesn't.

Mine would be the no flash player