Google maps won't install?

NattyBee

Reaction score
Excuse me for this thread, it just seems that I notice this issue being reposted in the SS4.1 thread but the solution is lost in the many many pages of posts there...so I figured we'd put up something to help those folks wondering how to resolve this issue...

In the SS4.1 thread, post #172 there is a link to download an update.zip file along with instructions which will fix your google maps issue...when I first installed 4.1 I had the issue, it wasn't there and if I downloaded from market, it would just say "install unsuccessful" and someone was kind enough to direct me to that post...and I haven't had an issue since.

I would put a link to it here, but I'm typing this on my phone and have no computer access right now...

Anyhow, if this is an issue for you, I hope this helps you.

Versatile

Reaction score
For the record, I have the same problem. It'll download from the Market, but then after it sits for a minute "installing," it says something about an Error and there's a -8 in there somewhere. Weird.

Asterisk

Reaction score
Ok so far I think the only way to fix this issue is to fully remove google maps from your phone. Run this script mvmaps -d. That will remove google maps. After that all you have to do is find it in the marketplace and download it again.

JBPruitt

Reaction score
For the record, I have the same problem. It'll download from the Market, but then after it sits for a minute "installing," it says something about an Error and there's a -8 in there somewhere. Weird.

The solution quoted in post #146 worked awesome for me... You can try that if #172 doesn't work... although for most people that seems like the simpler solution.

Jimmur

Reaction score
Ok so far I think the only way to fix this issue is to fully remove google maps from your phone. Run this script mvmaps -d. That will remove google maps. After that all you have to do is find it in the marketplace and download it again.

Worked great Thanks

tan0116

Reaction score

Sorry for a newb question but I get a "Failure" error.

I am using Terminal Emulator and I enter the following:
su
mvmaps -d

Then I see "Deleting Google Maps" then "Failure".

What am I doing wrong?

gvibe06

Reaction score

The solution quoted in post #146 worked awesome for me... You can try that if #172 doesn't work... although for most people that seems like the simpler solution.

Where is the world did you see post #146 and #172 at? This forum thread only has 6 posts. If you quote another Forum post, please Link to it.

JBPruitt

Reaction score

Where is the world did you see post #146 and #172 at? This forum thread only has 6 posts. If you quote another Forum post, please Link to it.

sorry... those post numbers apply to the SimplyStunning 4.2 post.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ch...t2-ext3-ext4-cifs-nfs-updated-rstapps-15.html