Website
www.nickburress.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Twitter
@nickburress2k2
KaAXebm.jpg

IMAGE: Google Maps

Well it looks like all the Apple news has sent the flames of someone to post this particular image to Google maps. Bloggers and Journalists from around the net are calling this 'childish' and 'unbecoming' of Google to do something like this on release of the Apple Watch and is a meager attempt to attack Apple.

The location can be found here: Google Maps.

Current Speculation: This was an exploit of Google's Map Maker as confirmed by a Google Representative. Google is working to fix this issue as soon as possible.

Guess we can all have a little chuckle as everyone parades around in their Apple Watches today. I don't believe Google had anything to do with it and it is as they say: an exploit they overlooked. Regardless, I have a feeling this is going to be another way for others to claim Google is some sort of 'evil conglomerate' and act like children themselves. Although, I am no expert of this Map Maker feature Google is claiming was exploited, but I know how user-created content can get out of control.

Source: Mashable

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
On one hand I find it to be on the childish side and on the other hand it makes me chuckle.

Is it a testament to today's day and age with all that it entails?

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I seriously doubt Google as a company is behind this. It was either an exploit through Map Maker or a Google employee acting on their own to do something he/she found funny. I wouldn't expect it to be there much longer.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
May be childish, but it's funny. I think it'll be taken down fairly quickly. And no way Google was behind this, they would hide an easter egg in Maps, but I'm sure it'd be a bit classier than this.

OP
thunderbolt_nick

thunderbolt_nick

Thunderbolt Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.nickburress.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Twitter
@nickburress2k2
May be childish, but it's funny. I think it'll be taken down fairly quickly. And no way Google was behind this, they would hide an easter egg in Maps, but I'm sure it'd be a bit classier than this.

That's my take on this. I haven't really heard of Google doing anything like this previously. Heck, Apple doesn't even do this kind of thing to Google so they really have no reason to. I think it's a case of, "Lets all point the blame at someone to get clicks."