Google letting others read your email

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Google must have had their fingers crossed, they promised not to ready your emails but are letting other read them. Makes me wonder if the data mined from the emails are being shared with google.

According to the report, companies like Return Path Inc., which collects marketing data from people who sign up for one of the company's free apps, can scan and analyze about 100 million emails each day. The WSJ also says that while computers do most of this work, human employees read about 8,000 emails to help train the software. It's not just one company, either. Employees of Edison Software apparently reviewed the emails of hundreds of its users to make a new feature for its mobile app that reads and organizes your email.

Third-party app developers could be reading your Gmail

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
Memorization doesn't teach reasoning skills. If you teach someone that 6 and 6 is twelve. He knows that. But, he doesn't know it is a dozen. Or a 1/12 of a gross. Little more complex than that but you should grasp the gist of it.

The main idea behind AI is to have a analytical approach derived from absolute facts and reasoning. Take for instance the tic tac toe computer game. The only loss is incurred when a mistake is made. But if ennui sets in I just might throw the game to do something else. In my mind I didn't lose. Does the computer sense that, no, it senses that an idiot just walked up and started a new game.

By reading 100,000 emails a day is probably a better cross section of data than 100 people writing random emails. Don't get me wrong, there is absolutely no justification for this activity, none.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

OP
me just sayin

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
but what is machine learning? is it not the same as as memorization? is it not a mess of if/then statements? as far as the tic tac toe example, who is to say a machine cannot sense emotions and eventually lose based on its programing. for example, I posted a thread a while back where in China a school has a program that senses the students emotions and report it to the teacher, who is to say the program cannot have an if/then that says if the emotion is this, then the computer will run something to help improve it even if it means losing.

but you are right, it is easier and faster to use real emails for teaching. it is like having book sense vs having real sense.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Welcome to the Forum Babylon8.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk