Google Calendar - Quick Add?

Shanged

Reaction score
Anyone know of a way to access the quick add feature of Google Calendar?
I'd love to just have a widget with a text field, or at least a button to press which brings up a text field for this purpose.
i.e. Dinner at blahblah, 12/31 @ 5pm

Also, a good task/note app would be appreciated. I just DLed Evernote and it seemed utterly useless. No widget to display notes, having to go through a few menus just to display them is frustrating.

skourg3

Reaction score
I'm not sure about quick adding events, but as to the second part of your question:

AK Notepad is what I use for a notepad, and is probably one of the more popular notepad apps. There is no widget for it, however it is quite easy to use. For tasks, Astrid seems to be the way to go for most people. With Astrid you can set dates, goal times, absolute deadlines, reminders and notifications, priorities, etc. Astrid does have a widget displaying upcoming tasks you have set and there is a button on the widget to open the new task screen of the app.

JaCelica2k

Reaction score
I would really suggest Pure Calendar or Pure Grid. Both offer this functionality. I use both and they go great together. Not free but not expensive either.

shademar

Reaction score
I would really suggest Pure Calendar or Pure Grid. Both offer this functionality. I use both and they go great together. Not free but not expensive either.

I second this suggestion. Pure calendar syncs with google cal, has quick event insertion, and looks quite nice to boot. It also displays to-do lists from a beta version of Astrid, which is a very nice free to-do manager (but which has a clunky looking widget.) Altogether, these are among my most useful apps.

Home_1260733902844.png

and pure cal grid:

1260754232747.png

Last edited:
OP
Shanged

Shanged

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, I had Pure Cal (agenda) but I didn't realize Astrid was pretty much exactly what I was looking for in terms of a Task app. Pure Cal can display my tasks right at the top of the widget, awesome.

Now I suppose I can just use Tasks for a quick addition to the calendar, but a Quick Add feature such as that on Google Calendar's main page would be great.

Big Lou

Reaction score
The Pure Calendar developer removed his HTC Sense skin because of the C&D against BW!!!

Is there a way for one of you to back up the HTC skin and share it?

OP
Shanged

Shanged

Reaction score
So I have Pure Calendar (agenda) and Pure Weather widget now.
The Weather widget app has calendar and weather integration, but not to the extent I would like, so I have separate widgets atm.
Here is what it looks like now:
device.png

And here is (very roughly) what I would like it to look like:
device22.png

Clearly my photo editting skills are lacking, but I'd like the weather for each day to just be included in the line of the day, and the current weather to be more in line with the top of the current date. It'd be great if this was just an option in Pure Calender Agenda (a show weather radio button, eh?)

Last edited:

nodkmac

Reaction score
Can somebody help -- So many of you guys said the Pure Grid Calendar was great (noob on the Droid here) and looks just like what I want.

So, I go to androlib and buy it (wow the US$ is doing badly these days) and download it.

However, when adding it ("add widget") to my screen, it comes up very small (2 icons wide by 1 icon high)even though I asked for the 4x2. It's tiny. Also, the display is "right side up" when you have the droid open with keyboard facing you. I erased a bunch of icons thinking that was the problem but it obviously didn't help.
Help! thanks.

DRILLINDK

Reaction score
So I have Pure Calendar (agenda) and Pure Weather widget now.
The Weather widget app has calendar and weather integration, but not to the extent I would like, so I have separate widgets atm.
Here is what it looks like now:
device.png

And here is (very roughly) what I would like it to look like:
device22.png

Clearly my photo editting skills are lacking, but I'd like the weather for each day to just be included in the line of the day, and the current weather to be more in line with the top of the current date. It'd be great if this was just an option in Pure Calender Agenda (a show weather radio button, eh?)

I have Pure Grid, how do you set up the calendar so that you have different colors for separate events?

Weezy

Reaction score
Just downloaded Pure Calendar. It is so hard to decide different options. Which I guess is a good thing that you have so much customizing options, but I just don't like how if I want to change it from a 4x4 to a 4x2 widget I have to redo all my settings. Is there a way around this?

Also, Shanged and DRILLINDK, what skins are y'all using? And how do I take a screenshot of my homescreens like y'all are doing?

Im a NOOB!

OP
Shanged

Shanged

Reaction score
I have Pure Grid, how do you set up the calendar so that you have different colors for separate events?
The colors are due to having various google calendars (mine, my girlfriends and a holiday one)

Also, I am using the transparent skin so I can see my background =)

Oh, and I followed this guide to get screenshots, very simple.

Last edited:

Weezy

Reaction score
Ahhh.. Thanks Shanged. I have a mac so I will not be able to take the screenshots, oh well.

Thanks for your help though.

OP
Shanged

Shanged

Reaction score
I forgot to mention, I'm on a Mac. You don't need the Java sdk for taking screenshots, not sure why that is in the guide. Just need the android sdk and you're all set.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
The "Android Agenda" widget has "quick add" functionality, as well. The bar across the bottom of the widget has a "+" button that opens the add dialogue for the Google calendar.

DRILLINDK

Reaction score
The "Android Agenda" widget has "quick add" functionality, as well. The bar across the bottom of the widget has a "+" button that opens the add dialogue for the Google calendar.

Will this give you different colors or do you have to create multiple calendar accounts as stated above.