Goodbye N1 hello Dx

DatBoiRo

Reaction score
Yesterday I purchased 2 Dx's off of Craigslist. So far they appear to be in mint condition (looks and functionality). Only thing, mine is rooted. I'm not new to the rooting/roming scene, as my title states I also have a N1. The Dx seems to be a whole different kind of beast. It's currently running Fission 2.4.3 with Bootstrap installed. Not exactly sure of what the best roms to run for the Dx are, so that's why I created this thread. Any help or guidance would be appreciated.

Also, I would like to know can I just flash different roms with my phone in the state it's currently in, or are there other avenues I must travel before flashing diff. roms?

OP
D

DatBoiRo

Reaction score
ok so I found the rom I want to flash. It's DarkSlide v4... but it's saying I need to have 2.3.3... or something or other. I have no idea what sbf I'm using currently any help?

MrKleen

Reaction score
You can go to your settings menu and go down to the bottom and click "about phone". Then check to see that your system version is 2.3.340. It more than likely is...

You already have what you need on the phone to flash Darkslide (which you will like). Make a backup first of course, and check to see if you have a stock backup also.

Things will be a bit different in flashing Roms from what you are used to so do the research so you are comfortable.

Id be happy to take that N1 off your hands! Ask if have any other questions.

OP
D

DatBoiRo

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply MrKleen, I checked and all is says for the system version is fission_2.4.3. If you were serious about the N1 better move now. I have it listed on craigslist for $275 each or $480 for both of them. A lady contacted me about buying both of them earlier today. But anyways, I'm gonna' flash this DarkSlide and see what it's looking like. Thanks for your help once again!

OP
D

DatBoiRo

Reaction score
Attempted to flash the DarkSlidev4.1 and failed to installed. I'm assuming my sbf isn't up to par. I have the Shado_x6_2.3.34 file, how do I install this? Both my computers are Macs.

MrKleen

Reaction score
I think you will enjoy Darkslide. I had to switch out the themed keyboard with the plain black version they offer. You may like their themed version and you may not. It's easy to change though!

I like that it has 3g hotspot built in!

Good luck.

MrKleen

Reaction score
Did you try to load the rom from within clockwork recovery? You can't use rom manager...

Did you clear data and cache?

I don't think you can use your mac to flash the sbf.

Give me more info on how you are trying to load the rom and I can probably help.

OP
D

DatBoiRo

Reaction score
Ohh shii... I forgot to wipe. I started to wipe but made a backup and completely forgot to wipe. Good catch sir!

OP
D

DatBoiRo

Reaction score
I'm flashing the DarkSlidev4.1 rom... after I reboot into recovery and choose zip to flash, it begins the installation and immediately aborts with a (bad)

MrKleen

Reaction score
On the sd card is there a stock backup that the original owner made?

If so maybe restore to that and try from there. Of course it would depend on what backup you have also.

I am sure you will get this under control ...

OP
D

DatBoiRo

Reaction score
There wasn't anything on the sd card. Not exactly sure what happened during the initial activation of my phone. But, there were extra games and apps on the phone when I initially checked it out with the seller present. After going through the VZW activation, all those disappeared and my old settings from my N1 (wallpaper and some old apps) were there. I'm beginning to think I should just revert to stock and start over with what I know is there. Maybe I should do the 2.2 update, whatever way is possible, and then reroot using z4. Only thing with the z4 is that the apk I keep downloading isn't being recognized by the phone. Yes, I have unknown sources checked. The phone is on Firmware 2.2.1, and seems rather "Vanilla" like. I've been reading since last night... *sigh*

MrKleen

Reaction score
well if the phone was reset and you can't get z4 to install I wonder if you really have root.

I don't think you can use your mac to sbf so I would try something else first.

I would go to your settings menu then the privacy option and do a factory data reset. Then reinstall z4 and make sure you have root. Then reload bootstrap and run it. Then from bootsrap go to clockwork recovery and try again.

I dont know if this will help or not but it's what I would try short of an sbf.

OP
D

DatBoiRo

Reaction score
Indeed. I'm trying the aforementioned steps now. I'm just kinda' flustered right now... Bootstrap, Titanium, and ClockWork all function after asking for root privileges.