Good 4k compatible micro SD card option with 200gb?

TuBitMittens

Reaction score
I ended up getting the 128gb samsung pro card, since upfront that's what I saw was compatible with 4k video. I ended up paying around 80 bucks for it and realize it's a very good card. However I'm wondering if I could've gone with a better option with 200gb? I realize the card I have now has very good read and write speeds, but it might be more than what I really need. I had a 64gb sandisk for my s4 which ended up corrupting most of my photos, so I was a bit weary of that brand.

I'm also reading mixed reviews about the 200gb sandisk card. It advertises "full hd" while some people are saying it's good for 4k while some say it stutters. Then I saw Lexar made a 200gb card for around 70 bucks that actually says it's 4k compatible on the box. However I read that some people had write protection issues or whatever.

What do you guys think, should I just stick with my 128gb samsung card and store any extra stuff on my pc?(praying the thing lasts for 5 years) or was there a good safe 200gb 4k compatible option I could've gone with?

Thanks for the support.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
That's interesting.

How is performance if you try to set aside most of the internal SD for video and use a micro card for data and other storage? My gut thinking is the internal SD performs more poorly than the cards you mentioned?

Although that brings up another interesting point of whether the stutter/performance issues are because it's an external card, and is actually the phone hardware/software rather than the card itself that is the issue.

OP
T

TuBitMittens

Reaction score
Idk I think some cards are just more suited? Not sure. But would anyone know if there are good 200gb cards for this??

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk