Golfcard Pro Changes

Jester6x

Reaction score
If any of you have the Golfcard app I will bet you that you were extremely happy with it over the last few months. The developer was extremely helpful, it linked in perfectly with oobgolf.com. It was easily in my top 3 apps.

Recently they switched allegiances from oobgolf to ushandicap and the switch couldn't be more painful. You still get all the great features on the app directly, but to get the site integration with ushandicap it is painful and expensive. Oobgolf would give you charts and your handicap and comparisons to other golfers. Ushandicap makes you pay 15 a year for all the same features.

If Golfcard was a free app to begin with, then that is one thing, but this was a paid app ($10) and the change to ushandicap came without any warning or consultation with users.

I am obviously not the only one who is not happy. This went from having a 5 star rating on the market (Golfcard Pro) to having a 3.5 star rating in about 2 weeks. Take a look at the last 100 comments, most are now 1 star.

If you are as displeased as I am, please let the developer know that they shouldn't be able to change the backbone of a paid app without consulting users or without the option of a refund.

gabchoud

Reaction score
I could not agree more! I purchased Golfcard less than a month ago and now it is COMPLETELY USELESS!! I requested a refund and was basically told to suck eggs!

OOB is reportedly making their own app. They are starting with iPhone users (SUCKS), but will be porting/rewriting for droid in the near future. Golfcard really screwed the pooch on this one. They are losing "market share" quickly! Based on what I have read on many forums, it won't be long before golfcard is a distant memory! Too bad, it was a nice app with great potential... Screw the customer, lose your business!

OP
Jester6x

Jester6x

Reaction score
I am really surprised at this developer. Early on when I purchased it in April, I had several questions and he/she returned with good answers within a couple hours each time, sometimes within minutes. I sent two emails about the change and have no received anything back.

I love the range finder and all the stat it collects, but I won't use ushandicap since the site is terrible in my opinion.