Going to the darkside. Have some questions

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not yet. Did you purchase SetCPU? If so, open the app. It should ask you to allow root access, click allow. Then it will ask you to select device, tap Auto select. Here is a link http://www.pokedev.com/setcpu/ to the developers site. It should help clarify.

Mike

OP
cnmsales

cnmsales

Reaction score
Yep i purchased and did set it up the way the instructions said to do so, except i set my lower number to 400 instead.

Also, I am unable to download the adobe flash file listed in the instructions. I froze the first time and now when i go to it , i get download limit exceeded. Is there another source to download the file, or is there another way to get it?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yep i purchased and did set it up the way the instructions said to do so, except i set my lower number to 400 instead.

OK. When you open the app look in the upper right. You high and low's will be displayed.

Also, I am unable to download the adobe flash file listed in the instructions. I froze the first time and now when i go to it , i get download limit exceeded. Is there another source to download the file, or is there another way to get it?

I've not installed Flash. What link are your using? If you are installing via your phone try using wifi.

Mike

OP
cnmsales

cnmsales

Reaction score
Mike thanks for all your help i really apprecite it. I finally got it fingered out. Now running root froyo and have it OC.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Great! Glad everything works. Enjoy the new rom. It is fun.

Mike

mentaloaf

Reaction score
Ok so I went with the Low voltage 800. What does this mean? Is my phone now OC to 800 mhz?

Hey I've been learning all this for the last month, if you are interested in overclocking, which it sounds like you are, 800mhz isn't really on the upper end of the OC spectrum, I think it's stock for any of the Froyo roms...try and go for like a 1000, 1100, or 1200 mhz kernel and always make a backup before each one. The higher you can get without your phone acting up the more "overclocked" your phone will be and more fast and responsive.

Also, leave the lower number down at the bottom in setcpu (125 or 250), as I believe this will save you battery when you aren't actively browsing or gaming or anything like that..

What rom did you end up using?

OP
cnmsales

cnmsales

Reaction score
Ok, thanks for the recomendation. I will try that but now i need help. I installed the low voltage 800 kernel. Now when i turn on my wifi the wifi symbol never pops up in the tray at the top 3g just stays and if you check the wifi settings it just stays on obtaining an IP.

mentaloaf

Reaction score
You can get a pretty cool app called Quadrant that will do a benchmark on your phone and you can compare your phone's performance to other stock devices and be able to check your scores using different kernels and roms...I'm around a 1500 right now....you'll be surprised to see that the stock Moto Droid you had yesterday averages way down at about 250 in quadrant...so welcome to the 1000-plus quadrant club