Goin for my 1st smartphone.Now what?

dr bud

Reaction score
I am pookin at the droid x,incredible,and Samsung fascinate.I'm i correct in assuming for the most part once they all are 2.2version they are pretty much the same and it comes down to preference?I want voice to text,swype,decent camera,that ppinch thingy,and a cool screen.They all seem fast.I'm not a buisness person and don't download much music,just want a good browsing experience and be able to text message without goin insane like i am now with my current phone,LG 9600.Thanks
dr bud

hunter9604

Reaction score
Honestly, I'd go with the Droid x, with HDMI out, ability to shoot HD videos, and all the custom Tom's, you can't go wrong. Super large screen, thin as paper, its just the way to go in my book.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome.. those three phones are all great phones. The best thing to to do is to play with them and then pick your fav.. I like the X

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Go to a VZW and test drive each. One will stand out.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
This is one of the only times I would suggest a trip to VZW - to decide which device is right for me

Sent from my Original Droid using the Exclusive Droid Forums App (Available Free in the Market) :wink:

OP
D

dr bud

Reaction score
They have all 3 at the Wal Mart by me,but none are plugged in to play with.maybe they would let me do that.Not a wal mart fan but their prices are cheap compared to the Verizon store that just went up by me.Ps.I assume from what i have read the fascinate can be changed to google now as oposed to bing?Thanks for these quick responses already guys.Keep em commin:)

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is there a VZW store in the vicinity? If so, make a visit. You do not need to make a purchase but you can test drive each device. Once you decide on a phone where you purchase is up to you. Big Red still gets paid for the data, voice, and text.

OP
D

dr bud

Reaction score
Well I just ordered the samsung fascinate.The price was right.Free!So I will wait and see if i like it,if not i can exchange it.