Go Daddy Email issues

indy1710

Reaction score
I've tried now for several days to get my email working on my Droid. I use Go Daddy for email and am on a pop3 server. I can receive email, no problem. But after hours of attempts from me, Verizon and Go Daddy, I've had no luck in sending emails from my mobile phone.

Does anyone here use Go Daddy with success? Help is much appreicated!

TIA!

BSmith

Reaction score
I have tried everything too. I can't get it to connect using my [email protected]/password that works on my Iphone. Tried Secure/No Security, tried it without a user/password, nada. Tried using the mail.secureserver.net or whatever, tried using mail.domain.com.

I'm trying to config it for IMAP though, which I did have working on the Iphone.

BSmith

Reaction score
Hold on, I got it to work.

It would never work from the initial configure screen, but going into mail settings it worked first time around.

mail.domain.com
port 25
no security

Login Required
[email protected]
password

muddy00

Reaction score
on outgoing settings you must selct sign in at the bottom of the setup. I had the same issue and mine is now working fine,

keiichi25

Reaction score
Hey Stigy, I can't seem to find the windows that the poster is referring to... In fact, I only seem to show for Gmail and Corporate Exchange for account setups, nothing for Pop3/smtp. Am I missing a widget or something?

Edit - Gah... Nevermind... I figured it out... Sometimes, it just doesn't stand out that you can configure it within e-mail and add an account. Yet another diff I should submit to Google for the Settings menu vs their E-mail Account menu. :)

bamavzw

Reaction score
If it is pop3 you need to make outgoing mail server smtpout.secureserver. net. The key is to make sure the smtp relay is activated on the account. And i had to use port 3535

OP
I

indy1710

Reaction score
Just to update!

My go daddy account was at all fault with a password issue. Everything is up and working. Thanks for the input!!

gerisilo

Reaction score
I was having issues and none of the suggested resolutions worked...until I stumbled across this:

To fix this problem you "reset" the SMTP server.

Log in to your godaddy account. Go to My Email Account. Click the email address you want to fix. On the next page pop in "Outgoing Mail - SMTP Relaying" pop up the menu from 250 per day to 0 and at bottom of page "Save Settings". You will need to wait about 10 minutes.

After 10 minutes, reload the page so your email addresses will become live links again. Go back in to the Edit Email Account page and pop the menu from 0 back to 250 and Save Settings.

After I did this I was finally able to get my email to work the way it should, no forwarding from other accounts or anything.

tbarry2005

Reaction score
GoDaddy settings

My outgoing mail would not work with my godaddy account on the droid... I checked my e-mail account settings on the godaddy web site and noticed that the SMTP relays were set to n/a. I called and asked them about this, and the person said that outgoing mail would never work on a mobile device (or outlook) with SMTP relays set to n/a. He switched it to 250 relays, and now it works fine.

mrdroid

Reaction score
When setting up my outgoing it just sits at "Checking outgoing server settings..." and it never completes. I'm going to try setting the relays to 0 and back to see if that helps.

gerisilo

Reaction score
When setting up my outgoing it just sits at "Checking outgoing server settings..." and it never completes. I'm going to try setting the relays to 0 and back to see if that helps.

Mine was doing the same thing until I reset the relays then it worked fine. Before resetting the relays I tried multiple different ports with no avail. Hope you can get it working.

Pastie

Reaction score
I was having issues and none of the suggested resolutions worked...until I stumbled across this:

To fix this problem you "reset" the SMTP server.

Log in to your godaddy account. Go to My Email Account. Click the email address you want to fix. On the next page pop in "Outgoing Mail - SMTP Relaying" pop up the menu from 250 per day to 0 and at bottom of page "Save Settings". You will need to wait about 10 minutes.

After 10 minutes, reload the page so your email addresses will become live links again. Go back in to the Edit Email Account page and pop the menu from 0 back to 250 and Save Settings.

After I did this I was finally able to get my email to work the way it should, no forwarding from other accounts or anything.

You are the man, it worked perfectly. Thanks for the help!

johnnyvol

Reaction score
This probably doesn't help anyone, but I'll post it anyway. I too had trouble with my pop3 [email protected] and I plugged down $50 a year for Google Apps. To me its worth it. Everything (email, calendar and contacts) syncs OTA now and I have 25g of storage so I'll never delete an email again. I'm very happy with this solution, and if I ever go back to a BB, or switch Android phones it's all there waiting for me to sign in.

If you can justify the yearly cost, I think its worth it.

Just my 2% of $1,

John