GN Codename Android 1.4.0 Franco's Kernel, Can't buy things in the Market?

SideshowTony

Reaction score
I just flashed Codename, GAPPS, and Franco's Kernel. I tried to buy Franco.Kernel updater, and right when I press the button, it goes to an Error message that says "An error occurred. Please try again." In the background I can see it shows my email address, and says "preparing" with the little loading symbol that traces the form of a circle. Any ideas how to fix this? I can download free apps just fine. Any help would be appreciated.

jpin321

Reaction score
I just flashed Codename, GAPPS, and Franco's Kernel. I tried to buy Franco.Kernel updater, and right when I press the button, it goes to an Error message that says "An error occurred. Please try again." In the background I can see it shows my email address, and says "preparing" with the little loading symbol that traces the form of a circle. Any ideas how to fix this? I can download free apps just fine. Any help would be appreciated.

This is due to the gapps included with codename, try flashing the gapps from gummy that should fix the issue. Goo-inside.me Downloads - Downloading gapps-ics-404-Kejar31-020512.zip I'm not sure but you may have to wipe data before you install these. You can always make a good nadroid and try installing without a wipe, who knows it might work. The other thing you can do is simply purchase apps through the market online. That might get you by until the next release of codename. Hope this helps.

OP
S

SideshowTony

Reaction score
This is due to the gapps included with codename, try flashing the gapps from gummy that should fix the issue. Goo-inside.me Downloads - Downloading gapps-ics-404-Kejar31-020512.zip I'm not sure but you may have to wipe data before you install these. You can always make a good nadroid and try installing without a wipe, who knows it might work. The other thing you can do is simply purchase apps through the market online. That might get you by until the next release of codename. Hope this helps.

Thanks so much! I'll try flashing the gapps from gummy. And especially thanks for the workaround, I was so happy with codename and franco's kernel that I was kinda disappointed that everything was so perfect except my inability to purchase from the market. I know that this post might have been buried, and I didn't think anyone was gonna reply, but I really appreciate it, this is very helpful. Thanks again :D

Reaction score
I was running 1.4 when the market changed to Google Play. After the change the same thing happened to me. After wiping and flashing 1.5 everything was fime .

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

otter34

Reaction score
Where do I find the box to check so I can download third party apps? I thought it would be under apps but it isn't

Edit: found it under security. I have it checked however when I try to download anything it's unsuccessful. I tried two kernels and a couple .pdf docs and all were unsuccessful
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Last edited: