Gmail Question

BeachGirlNJ

Reaction score
Hi all -- Happy Friday!

I just created a second gmail account for my soon-to-be business. I went in to the gmail app on my Droid and added the second account, and it's working fine. HOWEVER, I'm wondering if there is a way to add a second icon -- i.e., have an icon for each gmail account -- on my screen so I can go directly to whichever gmail account I need. As opposed to going in to the one gmail and then having to select which account.

A related question (not about gmail) -- can icons be changed? For example for the above gmails, maybe I could make my business one a book and the personal one a star. Just wondering.

Thanks!!

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
A widget might be able to take you to the proper inbox. I don't know of one, but you might want to try "gmail unread count" which is popular and free. It lets you change the icon and it handles multiple accounts, but I'm not sure that it would take you to a specific inbox.

huskur

Reaction score
You can get "gmail notifier" from the market. It might do it for you. I think you will be able to change the color of you envelops for each account.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
You can get "gmail notifier" from the market. It might do it for you. I think you will be able to change the color of you envelops for each account.

I've used gmail notifier in the past...when it fixed a very nasty android 2.01 gmail notification bug...I didn't realized it had more features now. Neat!