GMail not sending or receiving

zfly9

Reaction score
I've tried restarting, unchecking gmail sync, refreshing, syncing manually, etc..

It all started when I tried to send a large file using AndroZip via Gmail. It was stuck on sending so I deleted it. Since, then I double checked that it is out of my outbox and drafts.

I try sending a test message and it stays on "sending".

If I go to Gmail, I can see that I have new mail that's not being pushed to the phone.

Any help on this is appreciated.

OP
Z

zfly9

Reaction score
Oh and when I try to do anything it says "No Connection" on Gmail... Such as reading older messages, opening a different folder (label)...

PLEASE HELP!!

OP
Z

zfly9

Reaction score
I appreciate the views, but I could use some support too!:)

rstone

Reaction score
Well lets start with...what are your incoming and outgoing server settings? Also, is this issue over wi-fi or 3g or both? Have tried powering down, pulling the battery and rebooting? If so, into normal mode or safe mode or both?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Have you tried just resetting the phone? Ok, I see you've done that. Try pulling the battery for a full 30 seonds.

bigthinker

Reaction score
If you can't figure it out, I would call VZW and have the Droid experts over there give you a helping hand....They are knowledgable.:motdroidvert:

OP
Z

zfly9

Reaction score
Well lets start with...what are your incoming and outgoing server settings? Also, is this issue over wi-fi or 3g or both? Have tried powering down, pulling the battery and rebooting? If so, into normal mode or safe mode or both?

I'm using both 3g and wifi..

I tried pulling the battery.. still the same issue..

Not sure how to do safe mode or if that would help.

As far as settings, I'm just syncing with gmail, nothing different.

Just as a reminder this started when I tried to send a large file thru gmail via astrozip

Safetyman

Reaction score
Gmail Failure - won't connect

I found this post and it's worked twice for me. I had this issue occur over this past weekend and again today, both times I was able to clear the issue with this set of steps:

1) Go into the settings menu for the phone
2) Choose applications
3) Choose Manage Applications
4) Under Manage Applications set the Filter to ALL
5) Scroll down and choose GMail Storage
6) Tap the button for Clear Data

OP
Z

zfly9

Reaction score
So I called Verizon and I did a hard reset, that worked. Thanks guys.

sportadic22

Reaction score
hard recent? erased everything..... you should of just done a data clear of the app..it works just fine. ive done it before

like safetyman said
"1) Go into the settings menu for the phone
2) Choose applications
"

forum8417

Reaction score
thanks sportadic22 and Safetyman i had that problem and did what you guys said and its fixed!

hahn

Reaction score
I found this post and it's worked twice for me. I had this issue occur over this past weekend and again today, both times I was able to clear the issue with this set of steps:

1) Go into the settings menu for the phone
2) Choose applications

It really sucks that the person that originally had this problem could not use the solution, but this worked great for me and I was contemplating a factory wipe as well. :icon_ banana:

A toast to the blissful trailblazers, though you may die along the way, your struggle is not in vain. The next generation will avoid the crevasses because of the warnings provided by your decaying corpse.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
Clearing Gmail Storage is a temporary fix. I was having this problem about once/week but it hasn't happened in the last 13 days. My solution:

DON'T USE WIFI :icon_eek:

The theory is that on occasion, if you are connected to wifi and then leave the area, the handoff to 3G causes a problem when authenticating with google's servers. I've also had the problem where the stock and k9 email clients stop polling.

If you want to use wifi, turn it on when within range of the antenna and turn it off when done. That might work too.

You can vote on this issue by starring it at the google code site. See my sig for links.

smd12

Reaction score
i still have the syncing issue and i don't use WIFI. i am hoping 2.1 will solve this issue and i am hoping 2.1 gets here real friggin soon!