Gmail Multiple Threads

flaxbourton

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to expand previous emails when more than one message has been sent back and forth. For example, I send an email to John Doe, he replies back. In gmail, it pops up with a little (2) and the previous message is not expanded. I can expand it, but only for the first couple of lines. How do I get the full previous message to expand out?

Thanks a ton!

Stigy

Reaction score
what you can do is click the part where it says "# read messages" -- that will expand the message headers.

When you click the name of the contact (should be in green or red) it will expand the rest of the message.

Let me know if that makes sense and if it works for you.

OP
F

flaxbourton

Reaction score
Yes, that makes perfect sense. It works for some emails, but for example one that doesnt work. I use the crackberry forums as a great source for free ringtones. To download one, i send myself an email from them that contains the link. I pulled up an old one that had a ring tone i wanted on the knew phone and resent it to myself.

Even after clicking the 2 read messages then clicking "[email protected]", it still clips half of the message, including part of the hyper link.

SwordOfWar

Reaction score
Yes, that makes perfect sense. It works for some emails, but for example one that doesnt work. I use the crackberry forums as a great source for free ringtones. To download one, i send myself an email from them that contains the link. I pulled up an old one that had a ring tone i wanted on the knew phone and resent it to myself.

Even after clicking the 2 read messages then clicking "[email protected]", it still clips half of the message, including part of the hyper link.

Have you tried sending a new email with just the link or attachment? Also, while at a computer, try going to tinyurl.com and use that site to make a small tinyurl link that redirects to the real link.

Sometimes emails will cut off very long links, or make them so you can't click on them. I'm guessing you are having a similar issue.

kwansley

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue. In fact I'm looking at a thread where the top box is draft and I can't do anything with it. Below is the beginning of the conversation I was having but it only has two lines of what I replied and I can not expand it.

Any suggestions on how to expand?