Gmail Message Counter App or Widget

olletsocmit

Reaction score
Hey guys, Im looking for an App or Widget that will display a little circle with a number in it on the Gmail logo on my home screen. I know there is a widget that displays how many unread txt messages you have. looking for the same thing anyone?

OP
O

olletsocmit

Reaction score
Here is an example. Here is a screen shot of the txt message app. i what the same thing but for gmail.

Droid%20message%20count%20logo.jpg

yamaha83

Reaction score
i would like one of these as well... kind of like the one for handcent but for gmail...anyone have one or know where to get one? free would be nice...

inevittable

Reaction score
I know it's a little different, but I just came across "Gmail Unread Widget" which seems to work by doing exactly what everybody is looking for and is free.

There also seems to be a few variations of the Gmail widget, although some are paid apps. Let me know if these work well, I've yet to try them.

Silver Member
Reaction score
I know it's a little different, but I just came across "Gmail Unread Widget" which seems to work by doing exactly what everybody is looking for and is free.

There also seems to be a few variations of the Gmail widget, although some are paid apps. Let me know if these work well, I've yet to try them.
looks like the widget doesn't even open gmail, which makes it pretty useless. all of the messaging/notification apps should definitely include a numerical message on its icon. i guess it must be difficult to do...

inevittable

Reaction score

looks like the widget doesn't even open gmail, which makes it pretty useless. all of the messaging/notification apps should definitely include a numerical message on its icon. i guess it must be difficult to do...

I knew it looked too good to be true