Gmail issue

Georgedaballa

Reaction score
Whenever I try to add an account to my gmail I get a force close. I cleared the cache and data on the gmail app and it still won't work.

How can I resolve this?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Have you considered using a different app? Perhaps K9. What protocol do the new account use (POP, IMAP, Exchange)

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Strange! If you are willing download K9 and see if you can add both accounts

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
Strange! If you are willing download K9 and see if you can add both accounts

Any idea where to find the correct settings for K9. I donwloaded and left everything set at default but I dont get email notifications :(

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Tap menu, tap more, tap settings, tap account, tap notifications. If you are abel to you may want to disable the notifications in the stock app otherwise you will receive duplicate notifications.

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
Tap menu, tap more, tap settings, tap account, tap notifications. If you are abel to you may want to disable the notifications in the stock app otherwise you will receive duplicate notifications.

I can set it up at first but as time progresses, I dont get any emails. It has poll off. So dont know if i have to refresh everytime I want to check email or not. Dont want to hijack the thread but is there a thread for K9 settings. I might be doing something wrong :icon_eek: