Gmail delivery slowwww!!

tameone

Reaction score
Having problems with gmail app sending out emails..

Attempting to send an emails with a ~1mb picture attached, but they do not get delivered for hours. I see no 3g network activity after clicking send, like it doesn't even care..

I will try clearing the app's cache after the current emails I sent are finally delivered.

What could be the problem?

Vitticeps

Reaction score
Did the problem just start today?

Looks like google is having problems today. My gmail isn't syncing at all at the moment. If I go to Menu, Accounts & Sync, then I get a red warning on my gmail accounts that sync is currently unavailable and will be back soon.

I've seen a couple other threads like this today so it seems to be a problem on google's end.

OP
T

tameone

Reaction score
Nope, been happening for over a week on about 8 different emails, all with ~1mb pictures attached. These are basically the only emails I've ever tried to send with the gmail app so I don't know if it has something to do with the attachments.

I'm waiting for the emails currently floating somewhere in space to be delivered before I want to clear cache, or even attempt to sent an email with no attachment.

OP
T

tameone

Reaction score
Ok so I sent 4 emails back to back to the same address, each with ~1mb pictures attached. One email WAS delivered right away, but it was blank and missing the attachment.

Nothing with an attachment has showed up for ~20 minutes now.

I just sent an email with no attachment to the same address as the previous emails and it was delivered immediately.

I suppose gmail is choking on the large attachments, and it just takes a lot of time for them to send.