Global or Not?

jcvargas524

Reaction score
hey guys im from venezuela but im going to florida for the holydays, can i buy this phone and use it in venezuela? i see it has the gsm bands i need, and also some web pages are selling the unlock codes for about 30$, but now i red some articles denying this, saying that its not a global phone and that the gsm bands are turned off by firmware.. i was planing buying it on contract and unlocking it because im a usa resident but i spend too much time in venezuela and here they are all ready on pre order for the mere sume of 1200$ i know i can get it for 679$ on negri electronics but like i said i was planing on getting it on a 2 year contract on verizon.. please somebody answer! thanks! sorry for my ugly english..

bjorn65

Reaction score
it is global according to Motorola, however you can order the xt910 which does not support LTE. The xt912 comes with global turned off and locked. Verizon has to unlocked it and they don't know how to.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
Maybe yes, maybe no. Lots of questions about "global" capabilities right now. Some at Moto saying it is, others saying it is not. I'd wait a bit and see for sure.