Gingerbread?

slimpirudude

Reaction score
Good question as I never did receive it either...

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

OP
C

Cris_09

Reaction score
Yea ikr... hopefully it's back up soon...

warped1987

Reaction score
Hopefully they release a whole new update fixing the problems I've been having since the soak test. If not I'm going to do everything in my power to get rid of this phone and have it replaced by VZW with a whole different phone. I really don't want to go with a phone without the slider, but if I have to I will cuz the problems are terrible.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
When is GB going to be back up on d update server?
Soon™: Copyright 2004-2011 Motorola Mobility, Inc., and Google, Inc. All rights reserved. "Soon" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon" shall make no contract or warranty between Motorola Mobility or Google and the end user. "Soon" will arrive some day, Motorola Mobility and Google do guarantee that "soon" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "soon" as neither Motorola Mobility nor Google will be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "soon."

Last edited:
OP
C

Cris_09

Reaction score
Ok thanks :) guess imma have to wait until it pops up on mi phone :p jeje

OP
C

Cris_09

Reaction score
so do i have to be rooted or anything to install d leak version into my phone???

Asphyx

Reaction score
how do i install it?

You need to be on stock .330 unrooted to install. If you have already rooted then you should SBF back to .330 (quickest way!)
Download the leaked .607 and rename it to update.zip then copy it to your SD card

Power off the phone
open the HW keyboard and hold the X key while you power it on.
When you see the Triangle press the Search key (magnifying glass) on the keyboard and select install update.zip
Let it do it's thing and when you reboot you should have the same build as the OTA moto was sending.

And you can root it using the D3 Root one click by following those instructions.

OP
C

Cris_09

Reaction score
does it matter where i put it on mi SD card? should i put it in the folder "Downloads"?

Asphyx

Reaction score
does it matter where i put it on mi SD card? should i put it in the folder "Downloads"?
Yes it must be in the root of your SD card.

and yes it will not work if your on .606 you have to be on stock.330
You may even need to wipe cache and data after SBFing...

Similar procedure to installing the update.
If after SBFing you bootloop then power down, hold the X then when triangle comes up hit search, wipe cache and data (this they call data factory reset) and the bootloop with go away. You can also do it in the moto recovery just before you reboot after flashing to be safe

OP
C

Cris_09

Reaction score
So if I install this leak, can I update through settings>about phone>update if Motorola releases another update? Or do I have to sbf first?