Gingerbread Rom with gapps and working camera

HarvesterX™

Reaction score
I don't have any machijnes runnijng Linix atm so I'm not ablle to look through it there. As far as on the build, I noticed that they stuck the bootanimation in /system/bin for some reason so lemme take a look through there.

Edit: Or is that where the default bootanimation has always been lol. I'm going to grab something to eat.

Thought it was usually in system media?

Yes --> \system\media\bootanimation.zip

True, but if you delete whatever is in there, the system falls back to the default animation which is just the word "Android". This is the one I was talking about. This build doesn't have any custom boot animations so it uses what's in /system/bin.

HarvesterX™

Reaction score
It would be awesome if jamezelle could fix some of the other issues. Also, some apps kust won't install properly (like car home and twitter). I thought that it might have been something to do with build.prop but I fixed up build.prop and still having the issue. I can't find them in the market nor do they show up in my app drawer if I manually install them. Any ideas? Would jusr be nice to get Car Home working

blitzburgh39

Reaction score
Has anybody else noticed a lag when turning the screen on? Once i hit the standby button it takes 2-3 solid seconds for it to come on...

is this just me? any possible fix?

HarvesterX™

Reaction score
I'm not gerting any lag at all when turning the screen on. Even when clocked at stock speeds. Was it like that for you before you installed anything after loadijg up the rom?

bmx24

Reaction score
ok well i just found out that i cant download anything from the market so no dice will start to play with this again when some stuff gets fixed

RevivaL

Reaction score
ok well i just found out that i cant download anything from the market so no dice will start to play with this again when some stuff gets fixed

happened to me. wiped data/factory reset and wiped cache after i flashed it, worked perfect after

nmiltner

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
zip file

To the OP.
Any chance you could post your update.zip instead of your nandroid? That might help with some people's issues with unzipping the nandroid correctly.

Also do you have a github? You might be able to get some community help on your issues.

RevivaL

Reaction score
a lot of times when people unzip, they don't realize it's unzipped it to another folder called the same thing. you need to copy what's inside the second folder and paste it in the first, so it goes right to the imgs

izzyfanto

Reaction score
Has anybody else noticed a lag when turning the screen on? Once i hit the standby button it takes 2-3 solid seconds for it to come on...

is this just me? any possible fix?

Yes, I have the same problems now. I have to reboot the phone every 5 hours because it gets extremely laggy! Its too bad, cause it really is an awesome ROM...I might have to switch back :'-(

Sent from my Full Android using DroidForums App

jellman

Reaction score
fist post

dont yell at me lol i got gingerbread on just wondering what about the cool animation for screen lock? ogd rearranged spells god

wtfmate913

Reaction score
Working great for me so far!

Point of interest: wipe date and cache after u restore the backup, my market and everything signed in but nothing would download through market all downloads just timed out.

Would love backlight keyboard! In a restaurant now and surprised by the accuracy I have on this physical keyboard! Ahh I wish there was a 4 inch screen sized droid3 with physy keyboard...

Noticeable improvements

Snappier UI, stock browser seems more responsive when I click links, quickly starting to load the next page
Switching between apps less lag...to me, all previous roms froyo and older seemed to load up all resources on one app after running it as the primary app but GB seems to have optimized memory allocations a bit better

Oh and gps needs a fix! Hurry geniuses!

Thanks for the hardwork on these!

Last edited:

bmx24

Reaction score

Point of interest: wipe date and cache after u restore the backup, my market and everything signed in but nothing would download through market all downloads just timed out.

Would love backlight keyboard! In a restaurant now and surprised by the accuracy I have on this physical keyboard! Ahh I wish there was a 4 inch screen sized droid3 with physy keyboard...

Oh and gps! Hurry geniuses!

here go here the market works
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/android-roms/107547-rom-gingerbread-rebakedv2.html

wtfmate913

Reaction score

Oh and gps! Hurry geniuses!

here go here the market works
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/android-roms/107547-rom-gingerbread-rebakedv2.html

I believe that's the build I have, I just needed to wipe after initially restored the backup in case anyone ran into that problem!

Also, my 3g has been sorta cutting out...I have a 3g symbol and signal sometimes but my sirius xm radio app will day no connectivity and then I try to open the browser and nothing will load saying no connection even though I have signal...workaround so far is just killing connections with airplane mode then reconnecting by turning off airplane mode

bmx24

Reaction score
no its not its a flashable zip with the g apps not a backup and your 3g is not cussing out its an audio bug where sometimes it will cut and then play again

Last edited: