Gingerbread Rom with gapps and working camera

dlongb13

Reaction score
My clockwork has no backup folder. Should I just create a folder?

Yes, create it

Also, any ideas on how to fix the SDcard issue? This phone isn't my day to day phone, but i still like to play with it and if this worked, i could activate it and ditch my samsung fascinate to play with some gingerbread for now

yamahansolo

Reaction score
So far it works awesome. I have been reinstalling some of the apps slowly to see what works. I really like adw better than the stock launcher and I am searching for it now. I had the ported one from cyanogen.
So far the internet is iffy for google. I pressed the net icon and it fc's as advertised... however if you hit the box in the corner before google finishes loading you can choose where you go. I am on it right now using 3g not wireless.
It seems to be faster but I don't know yet. Still haven't got a chance to get the sd card to mount. But using rootexplorer and several other apps its still accessible.
I would like to know what one of the apps is that came with this download its something in kanji that's about 148kb's its the last app if you are using settings. Any ideas? Also has anyone tried to mount sd with terminal emulator or something similar?
Thanks you guys are awesome ....
Ok update 1 using rootexpl. I didn't see the little grey box to mount r/w... however using root tools extras mount r/w then go back to root explorer and the selection is there now. Its still not in the notification screen though. I hope that helps!

Last edited:

yamahansolo

Reaction score
I am using slayer 1.25 kernel. Linpack is low 17's quadrant wontrun past the earth,and there was almost no color on it... i used p3 1.2 kernel first it would only run low 16's

droid_roller

Reaction score
Here's my bug report (most are known), first the specs

OG Droid with Gingerbread-4-OG-Droid.zip ROM
Slayer 1.25 Kernel (running at 1.2ghz)

Camera works, Video does not
Cannot use Flashlight apps
GPS / Location not working
Cannot mount USB
Accelerometer not working
Internet works using Dolphin mini (even with google)

All my apps are functional. ROM is fast! ONe thing I noticed is missing, the "voice to text" key on the keyboard.

izzyfanto

Reaction score
wow, this is fast. wiped cache and reset...first try, works perfect. i deleted GTalk immediately, and changed my homepage in the browser to "about:blank". the Market updated immediately as well. i haven't had any of the problems y'all are having....SO FAR. i don't use GMaps either, so i haven't had to bother about the GPS issue.

i've noticed that the launcher is extremely smooth, and all the animations are as well. very impressed. i love the small visual changes as well. i will be using this as a daily ROM! anxiously waiting for the completed version. thank you!dancedroid

izzyfanto

Reaction score
I have noticed the screen takes a second longer to turn on coming out of standby.

And the keyboard dictionary does seem to have problems completing a word. I love the new text selector though...that's almost the sole reason I'm keeping this rom, although I wish the accelerometer worked. :-(

Sent from my Full Android using DroidForums App

RevivaL

Reaction score
only problem I'm having is my soft keys don't want to light up, only sometimes. not a big deal. and then i have no dictionary. again, not a big deal. other than that, it's really smooth. really impressed with this.

bmx24

Reaction score
nice job man but where did the screen animation like when u click that lock button and then it goes of like an old tv where did that go

HarvesterX™

Reaction score
Bmx! Lol sorry bro, I completely forgot about those xml edits from Friday. I've been playing around with the new Gingerbread toys :) Did you ever find the right ones?

As far as the screen off animation goes, nobody has been able to locate the code for that in the source. I'd be happy with just a working accelerometer, working keyboard, and gps. Although I think I'd rather have that animation over the gps lol. I haven't had any luck fixing any of this either.

bmx24

Reaction score
Bmx! Lol sorry bro, I completely forgot about those xml edits from Friday. I've been playing around with the new Gingerbread toys :) Did you ever find the right ones?

As far as the screen off animation goes, nobody has been able to locate the code for that in the source. I'd be happy with just a working accelerometer, working keyboard, and gps. Although I think I'd rather have that animation over the gps lol. I haven't had any luck fixing any of this either.

well you can take the stock froyo animation folder and the gingerbread animation and look for the new ones

HarvesterX™

Reaction score
I don't have any machijnes runnijng Linix atm so I'm not ablle to look through it there. As far as on the build, I noticed that they stuck the bootanimation in /system/bin for some reason so lemme take a look through there.

Edit: Or is that where the default bootanimation has always been lol. I'm going to grab something to eat.

Last edited:

mjh68

Reaction score
I don't have any machijnes runnijng Linix atm so I'm not ablle to look through it there. As far as on the build, I noticed that they stuck the bootanimation in /system/bin for some reason so lemme take a look through there.

Edit: Or is that where the default bootanimation has always been lol. I'm going to grab something to eat.

Thought it was usually in system media?

droid_roller

Reaction score

Thought it was usually in system media?

Yes --> \system\media\bootanimation.zip

bmx24

Reaction score
well i am going to try to fil in some of the missing stuff like the real gapps live wallpapers etc so wish me luck but sad to say im not smart enough to gix any of the real bugs i have asked jamezelle to fix stuf but idk if he will have the time