Gingerbread Rom with gapps and working camera

hbah427

Reaction score
I was hoping I wasn't the first to notice this, but nobody mentioned it.

If you don't wipe data/cache after you install the nandroid, there's a text message from OP's friend in there.

I politely warned his friend about the accident.

But I found that hilarious.

Also, I'm loving this build.

mountaineerndixie

Reaction score
GTalk will not sign in (auth. error) and Juice Defender doesn't work but I'm assuming because it's not ready for 2.3.1

Browser is blazing and everything seems to be fine so far.......

Ok, I got GTalk to work after fixing permissions in RM. Wow...what a rookie mistake! lol

As for the text that is in the nandroid, I didn't think I remembered doing that but I switch ROMs 3 times a day so mine are all over the place...

PeDe7

Reaction score
just figured a few things out
1) the browser does work. i tried chrome to phone and the browser works perfectly fine and i can go to other websites without a prob. it just only force closes when opening the browser directly. then i tested if it was only google.com giving the force closes and it is. i set twitter.com as my homepage, closed the browser, reopened and not a single force close
2) missing market apps. cant find my verizon or twitter. can any1 send me the apk of each. i hope it's not considered warez since both are free apps

Last edited:

neubanks89

Reaction score
1) the browser does work. i tried chrome to phone and the browser works perfectly fine and i can go to other websites without a prob. it just only force closes when opening the browser directly. then i tested if it was only google.com giving the force closes and it is. i set twitter.com as my homepage, closed the browser, reopened and not a single force close
2) missing market apps. cant find my verizon or twitter. can any1 send me the apk of each. i hope it's not considered warez since both are free apps

The browser will work if you set your home page to something other than google.com, it crashes because something is messed up with the location manager and google's mobile site makes a call to the gps

Market apps will appear if you change the fingerprint to the one from FRG83D

PeDe7

Reaction score

The browser will work if you set your home page to something other than google.com, it crashes because something is messed up with the location manager and google's mobile site makes a call to the gps

how do i change the fingerprint?

neubanks89

Reaction score

Edit the build.prop under /system. Find the one from the FRG83D build where it says fingerprint.ro (or something?) and paste it in place of the one in the gingerbread rom

PeDe7

Reaction score

Edit the build.prop under /system. Find the one from the FRG83D build where it says fingerprint.ro (or something?) and paste it in place of the one in the gingerbread rom

well i removed what was there and replaced it with

ro.build.description=voles-user 2.2.1 FRG83D 75603 release-keys.
ro.build.fingerprint=verizon/voles/sholes/sholes:2.2.1/FRG83D/75603:user/release-keys.

and still nothing

KeithR

Reaction score
all my apps are refusing to download. i wonder what the problem is with that.

KeithR

Reaction score
gtalk throws up an authentication failure when i use it over wifi. i think the apps have something to do with the build.prop

droid_roller

Reaction score
only way i got Gtalk to sign me in and market apps to download thru this process.. wipe data > wipe cache > restore (nandroid) > wipe data

everything else except browser works fine but maps cant find my location (all other map functions work fine)

quick question.. for further development of this rom, do we need to wipe everytime? thanks in advance

This worked for me! Thanks!

Last edited:

KeithR

Reaction score
all my apps are refusing to download. i wonder what the problem is with that.

Same here, I get the same problem with gtalk too. I tried everything can't get apps to download. I'm gonna go try bb6 to see if it is just the weather.

oh yea did you wipe data/factory reset after loading everything up for the first time? i did and all my apps are working now.

KeithR

Reaction score
any help on getting auto-correct to work. it seems like the user dictionary doesn't contain any words. is there a stock dictionary i could import?

TweakedSystems

Reaction score
clockwork backup folder

My clockwork has no backup folder. Should I just create a folder?

dlongb13

Reaction score
For those having issues with signing in to Gtalk. Go to Settings/privacy and do a factory data reset. Once the phone reboots, go to Gtalk FIRST. It will prompt you to log in to your google account, log in then. This worked for me!